Hotel Casa Noble
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewssanta claraactive volcanosecond floorcentral parkhot waterfluentcourtyard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2008

The room is very small, not very clean (dusty). The bed was very uncomfortable and there was hardly any hot water in the shower.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tal K
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Casa Noble is very pretty and has really cute and spacious rooms. The staff is nice and the hotel is safe and quiet. The downside is that it's about a 10-15 minute walk from the central area...not a big deal during the day, but it's not recommended to do that walk at night. If you plan to have late evenings (after 10), I'd recommend staying a little closer to the central area (but not too close as it can be really loud, even late at night).

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank SaraJill
Reviewed December 4, 2007

We booked the hotel online with Expedia. Afterwards, we found the same hotel at much lower rates, but Expedia would not let us cancel.
The first hotel room that we were shown was nothing extraordinary for $100 usd per day, It had a dark, dingy bath and no view. After expressing dismay with the price, we were offered to move upstairs to a nicer room.
The breakfast consisted of orange juice, coffee, toast, eggs,refried beans, and a little bit of cheese, I complained about the lack of fruit and monotony of the menu as it was the same daily. We arrived on Sunday and it took until Friday to get fresh fruit, We were told none was available which was totally unbelievable,
We were unable to make any calls from the room directly and had to rely on the desk.
We would not recommend this b and b and would not return ,

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank vallartabev
Reviewed June 30, 2007

This hotel was recommended by another property sold out for Semana Santa (Easter Holy Week). I called Casa Noble directly, and Susana (owner/property mgr?) was very helpful over the phone. I booked two rooms. I did ultimately see this hotel listed in Lonely Planet with favorable comments.

Upon entering the hotel, there is a beautiful courtyard, and the property looks rather exquiste. There are also beautiful views of the area volcanoes. Both of our rooms were on the second floor, and were large. The room I was staying in did lack some privacy because you had to keep the windows open (few places with AC in highlands), and people walking up the stairs could see into our room, but not the other ones. I have to agree with the earlier comment about cleanliness--it could have been better, but I have certainly seen worse in more expensive hotels.

The compliementary breakfast was good, and there was free WiFi. Overall, I enjoyed my experience, and the low prices made it great value. I would recommend the this hotel.

Side notes:

Holy Week was an incredible experience, and I would highly recommend going to Antigua during this time. We booked the Pacaya Volcano tour thru Elizabeth Bell (best tour company in the area), and it was absolutely incredible---climbing to top of an active volcano.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank GatorFTL
Reviewed April 22, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for seven nights in April during Holy Week. The hotel itself if very picturesque and atmospheric. The staff are helpful and although it is difficult if you have no Spanish, we got by.
However, the reason I cannot give this hotel top marks is the lack of cleanliness in the bedroom and bathroom. The valance was grubby and the sheets and towels although clean were very threadbare. There was dust on the all the skirting boards and the whole room could have done with a clean. The bathroom needed a really good clean, I don't think the floor had been washed behind the door for a very long time. I ended up cleaning it myself, rather than let it bother me on a daily basis.
The breakfast was fine and all in all we enjoyed our stay in Antigua.
In case you are wondering, why we did not complain at the hotel, I have a policy of not complaining about anyone who is preparing my food. The lady that cooks the breakfast also does the cleaning!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family