“Great ocation”
Review of Hotel Casa Rustica

Hotel Casa Rustica
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Very friendly staff , exellent location , great patio and very clean facilities.
The hotel is very close to great bars and restaurants , its one street away from the central park and all these historical churches and places.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a nice experience at this hotel. Friendly staff and dogs, good price, and great location. The room was clean and nicely decorated. I wish they had breakfast included but other than that, no complaints!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The location is the only positive about this place. 3 dogs in the lobby does not give a good first impression. Rooms small but nice patio off lobby when it's not raining. Our room was near the kitchen so very noisy and band playing next door made it so loud you couldn't even hear the tv.very much like a hostel.

Room Tip: Don't get near kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
mexicohicks1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Casa Rustica, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

"We express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings in the service and especially by our inability to supply the room type you requested.

We regret the inconvenience, also the dogs that we have are very friendly and quiet, we will try to solve the problem of noise in the kitchen as it is the first time that happens to us, and we look forward to serving you in the near future with our improvements in service.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Location! Location! Location! This hotel is next to restaurants, bars, clubs, Artisan market, and the central park. I booked a single room with a shared bathroom but the hotel ended up giving me a large triple room with a huge patio for the same price ($50 per night). The rooms are nicely decorated in tranquil Myan décor. The rooms and shared bathroom were extremely clean and the cleaning staff were very sweet. The staff changed the sheets daily and they cleaned the bathroom throughout the day. The hotel had internet access and computers in the reception area for a very decent price. The only reason I could not give the hotel a 5 is because the loud music from the club next door from about 9pm to 1am disturbed me. It felt like the DJ was in my room and had a very difficult time going to sleep. I would return to this hotel on a night that the club is not open.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor with a patio. Bring ear plugs if you stay on a day the club is op...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed two nights in this fairly expensive hostel. Our room was quite small, reasonably clean, but did not offer a/c and other amenities. Towels were not nice, bed sheets were okay.
Staff was friendly but not overly eager to help.
The lounge/reception area was crowded by three foul-smelling dogs that basically slept all day.
Kitchen could be used which was good, but wasnt very inviting to have dinner there.
Overall: okay, but more could be expected!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

With numerous visits to Antigua having been part of our holidays, it is seldom that we return to the same hotel. We would, however, return to Casa Rustica and would, and have, recommended it to our friends that travel. Because we consider a visit to Antigua a gastronomic holiday, nearness to our many favorite restaurants is reason enough. Additionally, in our travels we've always booked a room with a private bath.

The room we had on the second floor of the rear courtyard building was very clean,bright, and well ventilated, as was the private bath. Unlike some other reviewers, we had no issues with noise from the local bars and we slept well on quality, firm mattresses with decent linens. The shower has hot water (not a widow maker) and is fully tiled.The water closet was a bit cramped for someone with long legs, however. Not enough of a drawback that we would not return, though. Even though the room was not air conditioned we had no issues with it being hot, and would often come back between walks and watch the television for a bit whilst resting on the bed. There was in our room a small desk and chair that was useful when we needed to use our laptop to check in with the world at large. WiFi is free and available throughout the complex. We found the Owner's three dogs living in the lobby to be great fun and they would usually walk us all the way to our room when we returned. When we would sit in the private courtyard having our morning espressos they would wander over to give us a greeting. We found them charming.

Cleanliness, (a MUST), location, ambiance, privacy and value are important to us. Casa Rustica meet all of our requirements, and we will return to this quaint little Antigua gem again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear building behind the interior courtyard. Elevated apartments are also avai...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IntrepidTravelers2
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here in January 2011 (I just don't usually sign up for sites like this which is why the delay...and thus the incorrect date of travel). I was looking for a place for myself and my 3 cats for an undetermined amount of time. The receptionists were really great about letting me pay each day. Once they had to change my room because of a previous reservation, but they helped me move my things to the new room. Because of the cats, the cleaning ladies were great about only cleaning the room while I was there. (The cats are skittish and there are dogs in the lobby; me being around to put them in their cage was the only real option.) I'm sure they would have even cleaned the litter box if I had asked them to, but I just asked for an extra trash bag which they willingly provided.

A lot of people mention the noise from the bar next door, but I ended up staying 3 weeks and never noticed a problem with the noise...and I was in a room which shared a wall with the bar.

This is not a very handicapped-accessible hotel. There are only 2 smallish rooms which can be reached without going up or down stairs. For me, this isn't a problem, but it's something which should be noted.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo