“Came back for more!”

El Fogon de la Abuela Restaurant
Cuisines: Guatemalan, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: A little place with a big flavor! we are a local own restaurant with good options for Traditional Guatemala food and international! we are looking forward to meet you!!
“Came back for more!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We wanted something good and tasty that wasn't going to cost the earth and we definitely found it here! Plates full of food - including loads of veggies - and helpful staff. Thanks!

• Visited July 2014

“Delicious food, helpful staff, lovely atmosphere, great prices”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I ate here with friends recently and was blown away by the meals. I had the Guatemalan Churasco which included a beautifully marinated steak, chorizo, sweet corn, steamed vegetables and potato. The meal we had was so good we went back the next night to try some of the other options.
My friends had the chicken in special cream sauce and the mixed kebab which were both generous portions and cooked perfectly.
The value for money here is amazing and I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal out while in Antigua.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Matt G
Beijing, China
“Do yourself a favour: eat here!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This lovely family owned and run restaurant in Antigua is an absolute delight. The homely feel combined with gorgeous (cheap) food and great wind made for a perfect night out. I ordered the chicken with special cream sauce and was glad I did. Many dishes come with a great selection of sides, including guacamole, vegetables or rice. My friend and I splurged and ordered two desserts, the brownie and the cheesecake - yum! You'll consider yourself lucky to have eaten here in beautiful Central America, I know I do.

2 Thank JemmaOz
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Best Restaurant in Antigua!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This restaurant was the most unexpected surprise. We wanted somewhere romantic with nice food but without the extravagant prices of the tourist restaurants. This restaurant had the best food we tasted in a whole month of travel around Guatemala, with soft candle light and a 'home style cooking' feel. The lady in the kitchen was smiling whilst cooking and the waitress was sweet, polite and personal. She treated you like you were her guest in her house. I think this restaurant is one of the best hidden secrets in Antigua.

Christchurch
“Delicious food, great service and vegetables!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Delicious little restaurant in Antigua. Well worth visiting especially if you are craving vegetables. They serve salads and veges and good wine choices too. I had the steak with mushroom sauce which was delicious and the chocolate brownie was amazing!! Definitely going back.