“Great value, location, clean rooms and friendly staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Antigua
Hotel Casa Cristina
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Antigua
Vancouver, Canada
“Great value, location, clean rooms and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here four times over a three week period, in different rooms each time. All were very clean and well kept - the ones at the back of the hotel are a little quieter, but even the one facing the street was not at all bad. The hotel was always staffed and all staff members were very helpful, coffee and tea with a small selection of buns were available throughout the day. You can walk everywhere in Antigua from here that you need to see. You are close to Fernando's coffee shop and restaurant (we had breakfast there every day!!). The travel agent next door run by Mario was a good place to have all your travels arranged and we used Mario for all our trips. We looked at a few other places in Livingstons, this was a very enjoyable place to stay, Rossario and her daughter were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Use rooms in the back, avoid room number 5, though less expensive it has no natural light. all rooms...
1 Thank honestopinion86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I'm halfway through a 2 week stay, and definitely made a good choice. It's well located, tucked away in a quiet little side street, and a short walk from the centre. I've only knocked the rooms slightly because several of them have only internal windows opening onto to the hallway (which is partially open to the sky, and contains a little flowerbed with palms and plants). But the website gives an accurate description of every room and the roof terrace ensures that nobody has to miss out on the views. Rooms 11 and 12 (mine) have external windows and I wake up to my own private vista of the Volcano de Agua and, if I lean out a bit, the Volcano de Fuego. The rooms are nicely furnished and clean, and the small en suite shower rooms have plenty of hot water. No breakfast provided, but good coffee, muffins and buns in the office/sitting room on a help-yourself basis. That's usually enough for me, and there are plenty of good cheap cafes nearby. Wifi in the rooms. A nice little place and very good value.
Chris

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Mr_Allsop
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Loved this place. Room 12 (I believe it is) had an excellent view of the volcano. The rooftop is beautiful, excellent view. The place is locked at all times, and no visitors are allowed in/out. Very secure. The rooms and hallways are SUPER clean, literally squeeky clean. Showers are HOT. Above all, the staff and owner go above and beyond to help. Rosario help me set up rides to and from neighboring cities, and wound up stepping in to fix a booking mistake I made that would have left me stranded. Again, really great, quiet place. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: View from room 12!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shane P
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at Casa Cristina before and after our trip to Lake Atitlan. We stayed in Room 11 which has a wonderful view of the volcano. If you want to feel like you're in a Holiday Inn go somewhere else. If want a super clean room with a firm comfortable bed and hot water with friendly, helpful staff this is your place.

The best part, besides the view, was the helpful staff. We speak VERY little Spanish; the staff here helped us find our way around Antigua and even arranged for our clothes to be washed. It started with Senora Rosario Palacios de Faass, the owner, who helped me with reservations by email through a number of complications and was at the hotel to answer questions daily. But she also had Spanish speaking assistants in the am and pm who were always ready to help us with any question and worked through our language problems each time.

It would have been nice to have had in-room drinking water. But it was always available in the lobby.

Room Tip: Try to reserve room 11 or 12 for the views. They cost more but I think are worth it.
Fox Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a nice little place with very friendly staff and a pretty view from the roof top. We had a little difficulty finding it but it is in a great location. The prettiest rooms are above the first floor where you have a window with a nice view. The first floor rooms don't have a window, but we spent so much time out of the room we really didn't mind.Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are a little bit pricier but have a great view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NikkBT
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I went for a short vacation and we absolutly loved the small hotel. I Call ahead to explain that this was the first time my boyfriend went to see a volcano, without hesitation we got the best room!!

I grew up in Guatemala, really wanted him to take the feeling of Guatemala and mission accomplished!

See you soon Casa Cristina!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I would definitely stay here again in Antigua. It was perfect - the property is beautiful, it was very clean and comfortable, the location is fantastic, there's a great rooftop deck, and the people are very friendly.

There are cheaper places to stay - I paid $35 USD / 280 quetzales for the best room (room 12) - but Casa Cristina is worth it if you can afford it.

Use the tour agency at the hospedaje next door for transportation (they will recommend them at the front desk) - he is super friendly and reliable, and speaks English. I used a different tour booker when I got into Antigua and got ripped off (van never showed up), but he salvaged my day by getting replacement transportation very quickly, and even waited with me to make sure it showed up. Then I booked a volcano hike & airport transportation with him and they were inexpensive and very punctual.

My only small recommendation is to get some better lighting outside at night - Casa Cristina is on a short quiet side street between two major streets and is very safe, but feels a little dark & creepy coming home at night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo