All reviews second floor la merced church few blocks visited antigua street noise beautiful hotel patricia volcano guatemala upstairs plaza
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2019

We were on the second floor. We arrived late at night time and the front desk had everything ready to go. The rooms were a little small but nothing to fuss over. They were clean and well kept. What a surprise when we opened the door in the morning - best view in Antigua. Breakfast was simple, and the service is wonderful. Location is just outside the main area, which means it was nice and quiet. Still very walkable to sights. I would stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for the second floor
Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

Situated on the edge of town ( this is ideal as it is quieter at night) The Casa Florencia is a nice hotel. Pretty garden terrace with chairs. We were in the downstairs rooms , which was a shame as they are quite dark and you don’t get the lovely views as you do from upstairs. The rooms, although small and basic, were very clean, hot showers, and the beds were hard but okay. I did request an extra pillow, which was no trouble at all.
24 hour reception, very friendly owners and very helpful with arranging shuttles etc.
Easy walking distance to the market, the central plaza and shops and restaurants.
Would definitely recommend.
Be aware they only accept cash, not cards, fairly typical in this part of Guatemala.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2018

We even stay in the same room every time!
It isn’t the most central but Antigua is not a big town so it is reasonable close to everything, and nice and quiet except Christmas and New Years when the entire town explodes with fireworks.
The rooms are beautiful and immaculately clean, the view is perfect (near perfect; there are power lines), and both staff and the owners are friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Upstairs has the best views; downstairs less noise from fireworks at New Years.
Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed November 29, 2018

Stayed at this lovely delight last week with my partner and our four girls. The rooms were immaculately clean. We had two rooms on the second floor with lovely views of the volcanoes and skyline. It was a treat. It was within walking distance to the town square, restaurants and major attractions. Lovely place and we look forward to staying here again!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Casa Florencia for nine days while we studied Spanish in Antigua. Security here is great, and the hotel is kept meticulously clean! I think that most of the rooms look out directly to the hallway, so you don't have street noise. However, you will get some light hallway noise as other guests come and go. If you prefer more quiet ask for rooms 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11! They are upstairs and toward the end of the hallway.

The staff was very kind and accommodating, I loved the coffee in the morning and volcano views. They helped arrange airport transportation for us both to and from, and that all worked out beautifully. One thing that this hotel doesn't have is any central courtyard area if you are looking to relax or read/study. We had a bench in the hallway outside of our second-floor room which was nice in the morning, with volcano views. If I was traveling with my kids I might not recommend this hotel as noise travels easily and I would feel conscious of that.

The hotel isn't perfectly central, but is just a couple of blocks out from The Merced and other very accessible areas. We enjoyed the location and walked everywhere from here daily.

We would definitely return here and loved our stay!

Room tip: rooms 7-11 will be most quiet and have the best views
Date of stay: May 2018