All reviews second floor la merced church few blocks visited antigua street noise beautiful hotel patricia volcano guatemala upstairs plaza
Selected filters
Reviewed December 13, 2018

We even stay in the same room every time!
It isn’t the most central but Antigua is not a big town so it is reasonable close to everything, and nice and quiet except Christmas and New Years when the entire town explodes with fireworks.
The rooms are beautiful and immaculately clean, the view is perfect (near perfect; there are power lines), and both staff and the owners are friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Upstairs has the best views; downstairs less noise from fireworks at New Years.
Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed November 29, 2018

Stayed at this lovely delight last week with my partner and our four girls. The rooms were immaculately clean. We had two rooms on the second floor with lovely views of the volcanoes and skyline. It was a treat. It was within walking distance to the town square, restaurants and major attractions. Lovely place and we look forward to staying here again!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Casa Florencia for nine days while we studied Spanish in Antigua. Security here is great, and the hotel is kept meticulously clean! I think that most of the rooms look out directly to the hallway, so you don't have street noise. However, you will get some light hallway noise as other guests come and go. If you prefer more quiet ask for rooms 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11! They are upstairs and toward the end of the hallway.

The staff was very kind and accommodating, I loved the coffee in the morning and volcano views. They helped arrange airport transportation for us both to and from, and that all worked out beautifully. One thing that this hotel doesn't have is any central courtyard area if you are looking to relax or read/study. We had a bench in the hallway outside of our second-floor room which was nice in the morning, with volcano views. If I was traveling with my kids I might not recommend this hotel as noise travels easily and I would feel conscious of that.

The hotel isn't perfectly central, but is just a couple of blocks out from The Merced and other very accessible areas. We enjoyed the location and walked everywhere from here daily.

We would definitely return here and loved our stay!

Room tip: rooms 7-11 will be most quiet and have the best views
Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

This hotel is lovely inside. The beds are comfortable and nice shower. Free coffee and tea in the morning is a nice touch. Staff very efficient. Located about 3-4 blocks to La Merced Church. This hotel is in a quiet part of town. Nice restaurants and coffee shops a few blocks away ( near LaMerced Church). I would come back to this Hotel.

Room tip: The top level rooms have a view.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank anncelia
Reviewed March 1, 2018

I've stayed here about three times and every visit has been flawless. The rooms are clean and neat. The service is great and the staff very helpful. Love it. Originally recommended by Richard Morgan at Los Encuentros Posada in Panajachel - GREAT recommendation.

Room tip: patio at the back for family visits is on the ground floor - very nice!
Date of stay: February 2018