TripAdvisor
Antigua
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews second floor visited antigua street noise beautiful hotel patricia volcano guatemala upstairs plaza
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I stayed here only one night while passing through Antigua. The hotel is simply beautiful and quite charming! Very, very clean. The owners & staff were very sweet!

There is so much detail used from the bathroom tiles, to the bedroom linens. I would classify it as a "next-to-luxury" hotel.

It is close to all the attractions in town, only one block over fom La Merced and two blocks over from the Arc. An easy and safe walk to and from the plaza makes this the perfect hotel to stay at while you are in Antigua!

I would stay here again!!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 16, 2009

This hotel is nice, clean and the staff are very nice. The location isn't great but Antigua is a small town so it isn't a big issue. While I did enjoy my stay there if I were staying again, or advising a friend, I would stay closer to the main square.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2009

While in Copan, Honduras, a posada owner suggested that while we were in Antigua, we stay at Casa Florencia. There was only availability for 3 nights of the 5 we wished to stay. For the first 3 nights we were in a room which was spotlessly clean, modern and comfortable while still being decorated in a sophisticated Spanish-colonial decor. The owner is obviously one with great attention to detail, while at the same time providing a warm, friendly and helpful atmosphere. We were able to stay for the additional 2 nights in 2 different rooms. Each one lived up to our original expectations. As far as I can tell, this hotel is a real find in a town where tourists can be fair game.

Phyllis Feirman
St. Augustine, Florida

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2009

We were a group of three girls staying for two nights. It's a great, clean, little hotel. We were given a room with three beds which was perfect for us. The breakfast buffet on Sundays is included and very good. The owners were very nice and helpful. When I wasn't feeling well they offered me a cup of tea. Very safe and comfortable

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Stayed over New Year, when it is essential to book. It is one of the few 2 storey places in Antigua, and from the shared balcony has good views of the 3 volcanoes on a clear day. Request an upstairs room. Ours had 2 small double beds, wardrobe and safe, an adequate shower-room with everything you'd expect: hot water, towels, toilet paper, soap, shampoo etc. Bottled water is provided every day. Do ask about breakfast, you have to oder it the day before, and the night porter spoke no English, so we missed out - but it is not far to walk anywhere, and there are plenty of cafes in the area.

Date of stay: January 2009