TripAdvisor
Antigua
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews second floor visited antigua street noise beautiful hotel patricia volcano guatemala upstairs plaza
Selected filters
Reviewed November 16, 2014

We recently returned from a trip to Guatemala, staying three nights in this comfortable, convenient, and efficient hotel. The hotel staff is welcoming, helpful, and watches out for our safety in all matters. The rooms are very clean and conducive to rest/relaxation and they are quiet. The view from rooms on the second level is beautiful. (I often rose early to sit on the porch, meditate on the volcano view as well as to read). The walk to the main square is easy and close---about four blocks--and conveniently located near good restaurants and shops. (Don't miss Fernando's Kaffe and Chocolate!) The staff can arrange rides and even pick-ups from the airport in Guatemala City for groups on tours or missions. I highly recommend this gem of a hotel whenever you travel to Antigua.

Room tip: I always stay on the second floor for the view!
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank retiredandlovingit10
Reviewed November 14, 2014

Casa Florencia Hotel has provided our groups with hospitable, clean, safe.....and beautiful accommodations for several years. While not far from the main square, it is quiet. Sitting in the little breakfast area, looking down the inside garden, listening to the fountain, a wonderful way to prepare for and reflect on the day. Couldn't be better.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Virginia S
Reviewed November 9, 2014

we have been staying at Casa Florencia for many years...each and every time we visit this beautiful Guatemala City we are so happy to enjoy our stay at our home away from home, Casa Florencia! the Florencia family always make sure we are well taken care of I- it is a VERY SAFE location, VERY CLEAN and VERY COMFORTABLE! the staff is amazing and friendly and we are always well taken care of! HIGHLY recommend this fantastic little Antigua secret... I have had the most peaceful and comfortable vacations and other trips to Antigua while staying there.

Room tip: no better or worse, but if you have a family, there is a larger room on the second floor, at the end of the hallway that can accommodate and extra bed or crib :)
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Brad K
Reviewed October 7, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights with a break in the middle to visit lake Atitlan. The staff created a safe and clean place to return to each night. The breakfast and morning coffee was disapointing. Skip their food and go elsewhere. When we returned from Atitlan our bags were in our room ready.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank adamsrick57
Reviewed October 1, 2014

This was my fourth stay at Casa Florencia and it remains the pleasant escape that I'm looking for when visiting Antigua. It is close enough to the main square of town while also being quiet enough for a good night's sleep. The rooms and bathrooms are both well-kept and clean. My favorite rooms are upstairs, which have the volcano views. One of the main features in the rooms that is greatly appreciated is a ceiling fan. The hotel has a quaint cafe next store on the corner where the included breakfast is served. The food is good and I'm told (since I'm not a coffee drinker) that the coffee is really delicious. The staff at the hotel and cafe are very helpful and kind. If you are visiting Antigua the first time or have fallen in love with it like I have and are returning again, make a point to stay at this place. Maybe I will see you there on my fifth visit!

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank misterbradley
Florencia/Antigua, Manager at Casa Florencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

Dear Mr. Bradley,

Thank you very much for your nice review regarding your most recent stay with us. It's a pleasure to know that you continue to be satisfied with our premises and services. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Best regards,