TripAdvisor
Antigua
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews second floor visited antigua street noise beautiful hotel patricia volcano guatemala upstairs plaza
Selected filters
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Stayed over New Year, when it is essential to book. It is one of the few 2 storey places in Antigua, and from the shared balcony has good views of the 3 volcanoes on a clear day. Request an upstairs room. Ours had 2 small double beds, wardrobe and safe, an adequate shower-room with everything you'd expect: hot water, towels, toilet paper, soap, shampoo etc. Bottled water is provided every day. Do ask about breakfast, you have to oder it the day before, and the night porter spoke no English, so we missed out - but it is not far to walk anywhere, and there are plenty of cafes in the area.

1  Thank DeeHerts
Reviewed February 1, 2009

After having stayed at this hotel 3 times in less than 3 years, I can say that this is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in and that is saying a lot since I have traveled to over a 100 countries worldwide. I LOVE this place. Patrica continues to make improvements and she seems to really care about her guests. Her business acumen is excellent. She is also very easy on the eyes! The entire staff is also really good. Yes, it is a 7 or so block walk to the central park, but who does not need a 10 to 15 minute walk every day? Antigua is a great walking town. If you want to pay more for a hotel in Antigua, go right ahead. You'll miss out on one of the best hotel experiences you ever had. Did I mention this place was really clean????????????

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank bigbuy
Reviewed January 26, 2009

This is a lovely hotel, located in the center of everything!!!
Patricia and her staff, are magnificent, and really helpful, the hotel is spotless, super clean!!!!!
If i was to go again , I would definitely stay at Casa Florencia

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Having read the positive reviews on Tripadvisor we went here after arriving in the country late at night. Fortunately a room was available and we ended up staying here every time we came back to Antigua during our trip (4 nights in total, using different rooms).. This is a lovely little hotel with small but nicely decorated rooms, brand new and very clean bathrooms, a nice entrance with very friendly staff and free internet use & coffee. Great value for money at $50 dollars a night for a couple (60 in weekends including a nice breakfast). As always, room choice makes a difference. The upstairs rooms (rooms 5 to 11) are lighter and from the little seating areas in front of the rooms you have a great view on the volcano. The rooms at the back (11) are more quit than the ones at the front (5) as the latter is nearer reception and the road. Downstairs, room 4 is the furthest away from reception and quiet at night but next to the breakfast area so best avoided if you want to sleep late in the morning. Highly recommended hotel if this is your budget range.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2009

On our trip to Guatemala we booked the Florencia after hours of internet research.
Our stay at Casa Florencia was a very positive experience. The room was cleaner than my Grandma's house. That's saying a lot. I still remember 50 years ago watching her as a little kid washing her return 7-Up bottles before taking them to the store. The front desk people ALWAYS smiled and were very helpful, even when I bordered on the edge of being annoying. Yes, the room was a little small by my standards, but more than adequate. Besides, I did not travel to Guatemala to sleep in bed all day. I can do that at home--at least on my days off.
As many other reviewers have indicated, it is a little walk from the Central Park. But that really is a bonus because as you head south towards the Park you go right by Fernando's Coffee. Trust me, this is a major bonus. And, if you get tired by the end of the day' wave your arm along the edge of the road and a Tuc Tuc will magically appear and take you to the hotel for pennies on the dollar.
We stayed in a room downstairs. The upside to this is that was very quiet and dark so that we could crash at any time. The downside was that we did not have the terrific views afforded by those lucky enough to secure a room on the second floor. If you want a second floor room you better get busy and book early.
When we return to Antigua we will go back to Florencia. The price, spotless room, location, and friendly smiles at the front desk make this a hands down winner.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple