“Great stay, good location”

and 1 more site!
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed July 6, 2014

They were very accomodating, allowing a late checkout and watching our bags after a late checkout. The location was convenient, walking distance to everything. Breakfasts were good and ready super early which worked well for our schedule. We stayed there on recommendation from a friend and were glad we did and will recommend it to others. Will stay there again if we return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the upper level to see the volcano, (super cheap.) But know that you won't be able to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deana J

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been staying at the Casa Florencia in Antigua, Guatemala for a week for the past 3 years with a University and 20 students. In addition, I went for a long weekend with my husband in 2013 for a long weekend.
The staff is very accommodating and professional. If we needed anything, they were willing and accessible. The hotel is extremely clean and reasonable in price. It is a short walk on pleasant streets to the main church plaza and even shorter to the main thoroughfare for shopping and touristy stuff. It is safe and quiet. The second floor has a beautiful open veranda with a view of two volcanoes.

This is the place to stay when visiting Antigua. I can't imagine a better deal and a kinder staff.

Room Tip: Top floor is best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Florencia/Antigua, Owner at Casa Florencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that once again, you appreciated your stay at our Casa Florencia. We do take pride in providing immaculately clean accommodations and good value. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team!!!

Looking forward to your next visit.

Your Casa Florencia Hotel Family

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is my third TripAdvisor review of the Hotel Casa Florencia. I’ve visited Antigua three times, and all three times I’ve stayed in the Hotel Casa Florencia. I have been very happy with my stay each time.

Everything I said in my previous reviews (in 2011 and 2012) still applies. One of the hallmarks of the Casa Florencia is that it is incredibly clean. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The prices are quite reasonable. A full breakfast at the Me Late Café is included with the room (on busy days breakfast is served on the first floor of the hotel instead of in the cafe). Hotel security is very good. The entrance is always locked and there is always someone on duty.

Antigua is a fairly small town – it’s approximately contained in a 10 by 10 grid of streets, so everything is within easy walking distance for the typical tourist (and tuk tuks are often readily available if you don’t want to walk). It is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel to Central Park, and in that 15 minute stretch you’ll go by a large number of restaurants and tourist attractions. One of my favorites was the New Sensation dance studio, about one block from the hotel, where I took a number of excellent and inexpensive salsa classes.

This year I visited during Semana Santa (Holy Week) and found that a number of processions passed right in front of the hotel – very convenient. (However, if you visit during Semana Santa – and you should! – you’ll definitely want to walk all over town.) I saw many beautiful alfombras during my visit, but one of my favorites was literally just a few steps away from the hotel. See picture.

Keep in mind that my 5-star rating of Casa Florencia doesn’t mean that it is a luxury hotel. If you want spas, swimming pools and hot tubs, you’ll need to go somewhere else. But Casa Florencia is an excellent hotel for the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have stayed at Casa Florencia several times. Always, the service is top notch. It is a small charming hotel. The rooms and hotel are immaculate. Patricia has always been helpful arranging taxi service to and from the Airport. The hotel is a bit outside of the main area, but I consider this a plus. The stone streets in town are VERY noisy and if you are iin a busy area or get stuck with a room near the street - watch out. Besides, Antigua is a fairly small, very easily navagatible city so its "distance" shouldn't be an issue. CF doesn't have any street side rooms, they are along an open hallway with room to sit read, or work (if you must) with bouganvillia and hanging ferns.

Room Tip: Credit cards are not accepted, but US Dollars are.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich O
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Overall I thought this was a nice place to stay. Clean, comfortable rooms at a good value with breakfast included. However, the breakfast was one confusing point. We had it twice at the cafe next door, and once within the hotel. The breakfast was significantly better within the hotel. The hotel is a bit of a walk from the center, but Antigua is small and it's central enough.

Most of the staff members were great and provided excellent service, but I had to downgrade service to average because one person was less pleasant to deal with than the others. He gave the bare minimum with answering a few questions. When the answer was "no", instead of looking for ways to help and lead me in the right direction as would be expected, he basically left it at that.

All in all, I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank James L
Florencia/Antigua, Owner at Casa Florencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review and all your comments about Casa Florencia Hotel. While we are pleased with the positive ones, we do apologize for the negative experience you had with one of the members of our staff. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. All of our staff have received training in guest services in the past and we will reinforce this aspect to them. The feedback we receive from guests as yourself enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our services which is one of our main objectives. As much as possible, we aspire to provide needed assistance with directions, means of locating services outside the hotel including banking, taxi and tour operators.

It was a pleasure to serve you and your parents and we appreciate the opportunity that you gave us! We look forward to your future visit.
Kindly,

Antigua Guatemala

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Nice staff, good wi-fi, good rooms, always hot water, comfortable bed, very clean.
Quite far from the center of Antigua (15-20 minutes walking, but can take tuk-tuk or taxi). Average breakfast (limited choice).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Florencia/Antigua, Front Office Manager at Casa Florencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Casa Florencia Hotel and your positive comments.

Casa Florencia is located in the north side of the city, two blocks from La Merced Church and seven blocks from the center of town (approximately 10 minutes walk). We are conveniently located for walking to coffee shops, restaurants, handicraft stores and archeological sites of interest.

We offer complimentary daily breakfast to our guests and we are now serving three different breakfast options on an extended schedule from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Thank you again for staying with us!!!

Antigua Guatemala

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We went to Antigua to experience the Easter celebrations & enjoyed our stay at Casa Florencia. The location was great, close to the centre & everything was in walking distance.

I had an issue with the taxi pick up service I booked through the hotel. I was impressed with the way that Patricia responded & helped to deal with the situation really quickly. I can say the email communication & customer service was excellent & professional. I would not hesitate in recommending this place.

• Stayed: April 2014