TripAdvisor
Antigua
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews second floor visited antigua street noise beautiful hotel patricia volcano guatemala upstairs plaza
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Staying at Casa Florencia even better than being at home. I had all the comforts of home without any of the work - a great rejuvinating experience. The staff is very friendly, helpful and took very good care of us. The breakfasts were healthy and delicious. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Everything is impeccably clean and well cared for. I appreciated having good hot showers. The views of the volcanoes are stunning and the setting is quiet and peaceful. Everything in Antigua is within an easy walk.

Everyone at Casa Florencia went above and beyond to accommodate our schedule over the two weeks we were there. They packed tasty sack breakfasts for us on the mornings when we left early for day trips. And they stored our bags for us while we left for several days to go bird watching at the Los Tarrales Nature Reserve. They helped to make transportation arrangements for us to get the reserve and to and from the airport.

I felt like I was part of the Casa Florencia family while I was there - very safe and well cared for.

Room tip: I am not familiar with the rooms on the first floor, but all the rooms on the second floor are great and comparable to each other. The first floor rooms do not have immediate views of the volcanoes and rooftops when you step out.
4  Thank Heather P
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed in Casa Floentia for one night. I was traveling with nine students who were quite needy. Patricia was so wonderful and patient in accommodating us. She really went out of her way to make sure we are comfortable and that all our needs were met. She really did not have to do all that she did. The hotel is very centrally located and very clean and safe. I think it is one of the best deals in Antigua. You also get a very yummy breakfast, which might only happen on weekends – not sure. All is the staff is friendly and everything is in walking distance.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank suzsuzfl
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I could not have found a nicer hotel to stay in Antigua, Guatemala!
I was very lucky to have chosen Casa Florencia for a two week stay. I felt at home.
My room was very clean and comfortable, the bathroom was roomy with endless
hot water! The hotel is staffed with courteous, friendly and helpful staff.
Breakfast was good , satisfying, served with a smile.
The location is ideal, on a quiet street, not far from any central point of interest.
Many great restaurants are nearby, just ask and you will be given suggestions.
I am familiar with other fine hotels in Antigua. However, this lovely, peaceful, small hotel
is where I will return, and will always recommend to any traveler who wants
a happy, safe and unforgettable stay in Antigua. regina e. bolaños, Dallas, Texas

Room tip: My double room on the first level was perfect for us. Quiet, not far from the exit, but delightfully close to the hot tea station, and the refrigerator to store drinks! TRY IT, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!
6  Thank rebolanos
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is not right downtown Antigua, but Antigua is so walk-able that you are not far from much. Everyone I met was great and they stored my bag while I went to Lago Atitlan for a day/night. I stayed in room #6 which was on the second floor and offered a great view of the Volcano. The only downside I saw was that there was a sewer gas smell that drifted in the bathroom that I swear wasn't me!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We booked a room at Casa Florencia during Holy Week and enjoyed our stay so much that we returned for a brief stay after touring other places in Guatemala. During the reservations process, I was pleased with the prompt and complete responses to questions raised and requested assistance with transportation. Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted and found our room to be especially clean and inviting. Although was not spacious by US standards, the room was nicely decorated in a colonial style furniture, comfortably firm mattress, accent furniture and flat-screen TV. The bathrooms have hot water and a rain-type shower that feels great at the beginning or end of a tiring day. The other feature is free Wi-Fi internet service and access to a computer in the reception area.
We were especially pleased with the breakfasts served in the hotel. Each day, we had fresh fruits, our choice of cereals and eggs, banana bread, toast and jam, coffee, juice, etc. One morning we were served the most excellent pancakes which were prepared with a recipe like none other.....really tasty and light.... a great variation! We were impressed with the modern kitchen where are breakfasts were prepared during our stay. On other occasions, breakfasts are served at the hotel's small cafe next door (Me Late Cafe). Aside from breakfasts, they serve the best selection of individually brewed coffee selections. I really liked the cappuccino and cafe latte with blueberry muffins.
When asked, staff cheerfully helped us with recommendations of restaurants, tour services, etc. Housekeeping staff take pride in their work and are constantly cleaning. The entire place is immaculately clean and polished both inside the rooms and hallways. The small garden fronting the first floor rooms (where we chose to stay on our return visit) provides beautiful serenity in spite of its size.
During Holy Week, various processions passed right in front of the hotel where the street had carpets of dyed wood chips and sawdust that are used for intricate designs......a sight to be seen!
The hotel, located some 10 minutes walk from the Central Square; but just 3 to 4 blocks from La Merced Cathedral, the north end of the main street in Antigua (the 5th Avenue or "Calle Del Arco") and restaurants, handicraft shops, jewelry stores and more. We really enjoyed being near some of the best attractions in Antigua but far enough from the noise of the central district.
We highly recommend Casa Florencia for a relaxing environment where we were made to feel at home in Antigua.

Room tip: Upsairs rooms have a great view of distant volcanoes (clearer views in the early morning, sunset views at night may be cloudy) while downstairs have cool, peaceful feel and lovely garden!
4  Thank Rich W