“best service wonderful location friendly people”

and 1 more site!
Posada La Merced Antigua
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I called Posada La Merced 2 days prior to arriving in Guatamala City by air and they were able to have a driver pick me up at the airport . He found me as I was coming out on the sidewalk. He held up a sign with my name on it. Being a single woman, traveling late at night, it was a big relief. The driver took me to the hotel and was most courteous. All of the staff at Posada are so nice. I will go back again. Their rooms are small but immaculate and you cannot beat the friendly bilingual staff. Fernando's Coffee bar a few steps away from their front door is perfect for breakfast, lunch and internet surfing if you have your own laptop, but, Posada has a free computer for guests to use to surf the net.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed May 26, 2010

I just returned from a 2 week travel study to Guatemala, and we spent our entire stay at Posada La Merced. The staff was incredible. Just can't say enough how helpful they were for a bunch of students who spoke very little Spanish. Safe, secure, and superb!

Rooms were small, but the service more than makes up for any minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2010

This is my fourth trip to Antigua, Guatemala. I am a professor who leads travel study courses and the Posada La Merced is the ONLY place we will stay. The rooms are inexpensive, clean, and comfortable. The staff is absolutely exemplary - friendly, prompt, and helpful. Gerlinde, the owner, is experienced in booking tourist travel, speaks fluent English and German, and is endlessly patient and helpful. This hotel has become my second home, the staff like family. I can't say enough good things about it!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DrCyndiBriggs
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I love the Posada La Merced! I have stayed there numerous times in the last 4 years and will continue to stay in this hotel only when I am in Antigua. One time my plane arrived at about 10pm and the hotel arranged for a shuttle to pick me up at the airport. They give great service and are so welcoming. It is close to the main park and arch. Nothing fancy but extremely clean and like I said I feel very safe and secure there when I am traveling alone.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2010

It took me a great many years to find a place in Antigua I really liked. I had stayed over noisy bars,places where kids rode bikes in the hall. places that turned out all the outside lights and left you beating on the door in the dark and the worst was some place where cell phones rang all night long and other guests then screaming into them. Then there were the places that smelled of mold. So Posada La Merced was not expensive, quiet and very clean so I keep returning and I really enjoyed the helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank patywolf
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Took refuge here from a very noisy hotel. Very friendly staff. Perfect location, very secure.
Excellent Fernando's Kaffee next door for fresh coffee (Fernando is a chocolatier), wifi & fine Sunday breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank 033010a
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I stayed the last night of my 2009 visit to the highlands of Guatemala at Posada La Merced with a group of 13 fellow educators in tow. We were very pleased with the small, nicely appointed rooms, the helpful staff, and the overall charm and ambience of the place. The location, a block west of the La Merced church and a few doors down from Fernando's Café is wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends