Posada La Merced Antigua
  • Breakfast included
$111
$98
Orbitz.com
Hotel Meson del Valle(Antigua)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
Travelocity
Hotel La Sin Ventura(Antigua)(Great Value!)
$49
$35
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Euro Maya Hotel(Antigua)(Great Value!)
$37
$36
Hotel Posada Dona Luisa(Antigua)(Great Value!)
$39
$37
Travelocity
Hotel Convento Santa Catalina(Antigua)(Great Value!)
$67
$63
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Casa Cristina(Antigua)(Great Value!)
$24
All reviewsfree filtered watercafe next doorfernando's kaffeethird floorclean roomsrooftop gardenfront desk staffwalking distanceexcellent locationplenty of hot waterfelt very safeprivate bathroomthe main squarejorgetourspacayaartwork
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights on 3 separate occasions throughout our trip. The first 2 nights were fine, very basic hotel that met all our needs, and the customer service was great. They helped set up a trip for us to Tikal, and transportation from the airport to the hotel, and to Pana.

Our second stay which was 2 nights was very different. We got stuck in a significantly smaller room for the same price. The full size bed in the room (there was also a single bed) was extremely worn out and was impossible to sleep on. The water pressure our second morning was non existent, it just trickled out of the shower head. Then our airport shuttle which we set up, and then gladly added another person to split the cost 3 ways instead of two, ended up having 4 people, which is fine, but we still paid for 2/3 of the cost instead of half of it.

Overall this hotel was fine, quality customer service, good location but the rooms are hit or miss.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We enjoyed a nice 2 night stay at La Merced while we were in Antigua. The staff is very nice and super helpful, rooms are simple but clean and good value for money especially in Antigua. All rooms face a nice courtyard, however if you are unlucky to have noisy fellow guests (as we were) it is quite a noisy place.

All in all good value, decent location we would certainly stay again. Enjoy Antigua!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I booked my first few nights in Guatemala at Posada La Merced and thought I might try other hotels in Antigua since I'd be returning several times within a few weeks, but I came back to this hotel each time because it had everything I needed. It's located on a quiet street within walking distance of Parque Central and many tourist attractions. The rooms were clean with comfortable beds and hot showers. Drinking water, tea and coffee are always available. The rooftop terrace is very pleasant and gave me a chance to get oriented when I first arrived in Antigua. The best thing here though is the terrific front desk staff. They were very low-key and professional but always helpful, ready with suggestions and quick to make travel arrangements for me (special thanks to Jorge, Jimmy, and the nice night shift man). I felt very safe and secure there. Breakfast next door at Fernando's was included - convenient and very good.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I were taking Spanish classes and after a horrible week with a host family, we decided to take up a hotel. We visited a number and decided on this one as the front staff were very helpful and the rate was very good. The room was comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful. My only complaint would be that on the main floor in the courtyard rooms, I found it sometimes a bit noisy. Pleasant hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bankerross
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here with a large group, and found the facilities to be adequate, and the staff exemplary. The large suite on the top floor would be perfect for a small family or a group of friends. There is a shared kitchen, which keeps costs down, and--maybe because I stayed with so many people I already knew--the whole place has a sort of "international slumber party" vibe that is really comforting and warm.

The front desk staff are helpful, knowledgeable, and committed to making sure you get the experience you want in Antigua.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends