“Comfortable 4 day stay”

and 1 more site!
Posada La Merced Antigua
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I were taking Spanish classes and after a horrible week with a host family, we decided to take up a hotel. We visited a number and decided on this one as the front staff were very helpful and the rate was very good. The room was comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful. My only complaint would be that on the main floor in the courtyard rooms, I found it sometimes a bit noisy. Pleasant hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bankerross
There are newer reviews for Posada La Merced Antigua

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here with a large group, and found the facilities to be adequate, and the staff exemplary. The large suite on the top floor would be perfect for a small family or a group of friends. There is a shared kitchen, which keeps costs down, and--maybe because I stayed with so many people I already knew--the whole place has a sort of "international slumber party" vibe that is really comforting and warm.

The front desk staff are helpful, knowledgeable, and committed to making sure you get the experience you want in Antigua.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The front desk staff earns a 5 star rating for their professionalism and helpfulness. The hotel is lovely with it's indoor courtyards. It is located far enough from the noise to provide a quite night's sleep but close enough that we could walk to the central park area. Our room was comfortable but very small. This, along with no hot water in the shower earns the 3 stars. I doubt the lack of hot water is a normal occurrence but it was an inconvenience which we did not have time to deal with on our last morning in Antigua. If you do stay here, check the hot water when you check in so that you are not inconvenienced in the morning. I do recommend breakfast at the cafe/coffee shop next door to the hotel. I had a wonderful Guatemalan breakfast of beans, eggs and fried plantains.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelGirlRidesAgain
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I recently stayed at Posada La Merced in Antigua. My room was comfortable, the staff was friendly; helpful; and welcoming, and the location was convenient to the center of town.

While I cannot compare it to other hostels; hotels; or hospedajes in town, in comparison to other locations in Guatemala, this was a great place to stay; to feel secure; and to enjoy a warm shower after roughing it elsewhere.

I would recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at Posada La Merced for a total of three night bookending a week buildin with Habitat for Humanity. My son and I shared a double and it was quite comfortable. The beds were comfortable, which was not the case in two other hotels I've stayed in in Antigua. The staff are attentive and helpful. The breakfasts next door at Fernando's were delicious (except the egg dish on the buffet on Sunday morning..rather bland). I'd gladly return to Posada La Merced.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here when I was waiting to bring home my 6 month old son for three weeks. Defiantly, the rooms in back are quiter than the front and the garden is simply enchanting. There was a kitchen we could use freely and the staff even let us order the lunch meals (usually brought in for the staff) for lunch or dinner. The rooftop garden was also a quit place to sit and watch the rooftops of this city of cobblestones. Several option depending on your budget. Great experiance, staff and location!

Room Tip: Stay in the back patio if your budget affords it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SantanasWind
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I couldn't have chosen a better hotel. The service was great, the employees were even better. The Posada is located in an excellent location with an absolutely stunning view from the rooftop. Fernando's, the cafe right next door, was affordable and delicious. It was perfect!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo