“Maybe the best coffee in Central America”
Review of Cafe Boheme

Cafe Boheme
Ranked #4 of 15 Dessert in Antigua
Reviewed March 9, 2014

After being enticed into Cafe Boheme by Chaim, an enegetic cheerful man touting for business in the street outside, I wasn't expecting much. However this small nicely decorated cafe proved to be a gem. The coffee is outstanding and simply the best I've tasted in Central America (even better than at the local coffee plantation). The snacks on offer are simple but good and everything inexpensive. Most surprisingly, as well as being so friendly and welcoming, Chaim turns out to be very knowledgeable, speaks at least 4 languages and is a pretty good guitarist and singer. Once visited a second visit will quickly follow - guaranteed. NOTE: Cafe Boheme has moved to just round the corner at: 5 CALLE PONIENTE, #12b

There are newer reviews for Cafe Boheme

Reviewed February 22, 2014

After ignoring the dapper gentleman on the corner in his burlap coffee-bag apron and cute little hat urging passersby to come try "the best coffee in Guatemala" on my first day in Antigua, I had to make a stop on the second day. I got a "latte to go" to enjoy in the Parque Central. The delightful owner insisted that I try it and pass judgement before I left the shop. I had to agree. . . it was incredible! The barrstas, a different one on each of my two visits, are artists! They each crafted a perfect latte from perfectly roasted and ground beans.
The cafe, itself, is tiny with a cozy atmosphere and decorated with more of the burlap coffee-bag fabric on the chair covers at the bar and at the few small tables.
Next time I'm in Antigua, I intend to plan my visit around a lunch or snack so I can try one of the sandwiches off the board.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The owner is such a delightful man! This is a wonderful spot to enjoy a latte and sit for a while. The coffee is excellent and they really make you feel at home. We went back several times and each was as good as the first.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Cafe La Boheme is a lovely discovery just one block away from the main square in Antigua (address here). We popped our heads in to see if they served coffee, and found a beautiful, well-lit, welcoming little hide-away. We enjoyed the colors, the decor, and even the classy-shaped coffee cups. And I do have to put a word in for the chai, which I will be having again when I return.

We had a wonderful conversation with the owner, Sophie, and one of her guests It was the highlight of our afternoon. We recommend that you visit and say hello =)

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Best coffee in antiqua and friendly to boot. Good stop after visit to Merced
Church. Quaint. Looking forward to sandwich