“Great Coffee day and night - whiskey and rum.......”

Whiskey Den & Coffee Bar
Ranked #6 of 14 Nightlife in Antigua
Antigua, Guatemala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Coffee day and night - whiskey and rum.......”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The coffee just gets better - grown locally and obviously having a great season. The Den is seriously one of Antigua's best chill-out small lounges, laid back (including staff) and on a beautiful courtyard that is just awesome on a sunny afternoon or balmy evening. Aside from the coffee there are about 57 whiskeys to select from and the artisan infused rums are the best you will find anywhere - try the anise, vanilla or 3-chilli, its an experience not to be missed and goes extremely well with the coffee which I rate in Antigua's top three.

Visited July 2012

California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“One of my Best Mornings in Antigua”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have to admit at first didn't seem like it went together to me: Whiskey Den & Coffee Bar. I had been in a few times in the evening and got to know a couple of the great guys that work there.
And I saw they had coffee drinks.

But it wasn't until I was looking for somewhere to go on a rainy morning, that I discovered it was even more cozy as a coffee bar. That morning I sat on one of the comfy couches with my cappuccino, read my Spanish notebook and listened to the rain outside in the courtyard. Soft music played in the background and I shared occasional conversation with the guys. It was one of my best mornings in Antigua, so relaxing & peaceful.

Something I really like about this little bar is that it has a different vibe than most of the bars in Antigua, very laid back feel. The staff is very knowledgeable about the great variety of beer, scotch,whiskey and what became my favorite, house-infused rum. I even had to buy a bottle to take home.

Visited May 2013
Guatemala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cozy bar, just like home.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The whole atmosphere of this place provides you an amazing experience, a wide variety of whiskies and coffee creations mixed with rum infusions and more, is absolutely unique. Also, the staff is completely laid back and awesomely friendly, if you re in Antigua for a day and would like to sit at the patio with an amazing cup of coffee, this is the place where to be. At night the place becomes into one of the coziest, cool and friendly place to hang out with friends. Do not miss this whisky and coffee bar in ANTIGUA.

Visited May 2013
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Cool concept”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Whiskey and coffee, two of my favorite drinks. With the most extensive collection of whiskeys and bourbons in Antigua, and coffee that is grown at the base of the Volcan de Agua. They have a great atmosphere. The staff is very knowledgable in any beverage they prepare, and always treat you with the best service. It is a great place to meet people.

Visited April 2013
Antigua, Guatemala
“not only whiskys”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

you also get a good selection of bourbons, beers, even tequila and his father (sometimes misunderstood) mezcal. coffees are also good, specially when you can use the common area, which is an open inside-garden. the staff is courteous and funny. One of the nicest bars in antigua for sure, and is well priced!

Visited April 2013