“Catering”

Ranked #6 of 388 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome To Pappy's BBQ"We've got nothing to hide, so the sauce is on the side!" "COME EARLY, BE LOUD, TAKE DA PARTY!"What's our secret? We prepare delicious, juicy Texas Style BBQ daily using only the best ingredients. We start by slow smoking our meats from 6-18 hours over white oak wood from a sustainable forest and finish them off with a selection of delicious sauces and your choice of sides all prepared fresh in house. Enjoy it all at Pappy's then take em home for yourself. If you leave here hungry, it's your own fault!
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We've been going to Pappy's BBQ in Antigua most weekends to indulge in a plate or sandwich. This past Sunday, we had a group of 22 people at the house for lunch. My husband contacted Blake to try out the catering services. The employees arrived, set up the smoker, set up a buffet table of chafing dishes, and prepared a wonderful luncheon for us: Rosemary potatoes, beans, smoked chicken, pulled pork, brisket, and ribs. Of course, it was finished off with their sauces, pickles/onions, and bread.

They were organized, professional, and cleaned up after themselves. Minimum hassle, no noise--even considerate about where they placed the smoker. The food was excellent. Thanks, Blake, for such an easy and taste-y experience. We will certainly do it again!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I consider myself well informed on the subject of great BBQ. I am third generation angus beef farm boy, so I used to eat BBQ regularly, but living in Antigua for 7 years has been tough not having a regular quality BBQ joint. It just isn't a stample on the Guatemalan culture. So leave it to a gringo from Texas to hook us up FINALLY! While this is the only BBQ joint in Guatemala, it would be tough to be a number 2. Blake knows his stuff being a Texas boy, and cooks the hell out of his brisket and ribs. However, the sauces are incredible. Coffee blends, great local chilly, and a cool atmosphere.
Enjoy it, have a cold beer too!!!!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

What a pleasure to find that such an authentic Texas-style bar-b-que place has finally opened in Antigua. Blake and his staff definitely have 'the touch' - especially with their beef brisket, although the ribs and pulled pork are equally succulent.

All of it is good and authentic, including the side orders of homemade beans and potato salad. It is a cozy, friendly, little place to sit and visit while watching the people stream by outside.

It is good bar-b-que - no matter where you hail from - but Texans, (especially Austinites) will feel the vibes of Buster's and other excellent bar-b-que eateries found only there. If you haven't enjoyed a good plate of tender ribs and beans for a while - you 'owe it to yourself', to stop by for a delicious sample at Pappy's.

ps Blake is also quite an expert in solar power - in case that interests you.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

3 months ago I found out over facebook that there was a place in antigua called Pappy's BBQ I had the opportunity of going down to the states and visit a place like this, premium babyback ribs it was a great culinary experience, we gathered some friends and went to this amazing place I ordered a plate or ribs and half of pound of pulled pork, it was so freaking good that I had to repeat myself a second order of ribs, great service, great food, totally recomended if you come down to antigua don't forget to get yourself a brewsky and ate some ribs!!!

VIC PAPPA

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have to say - after my experience with bbq meat texas style, cooking it and tasting it in the USA - that Pappy's is by far the best Ive had, not only in Guate but even abroad. The brisket is really good and tender... its difficult to even get brisket here... but Pappy's makes it happen.

Ok ribs are amazing. You eat standing up, with a ice cold beer... you just can't get enough of them. You can have them with a plate of red beans and mashed potatoes, that are to die for.

They have this bbq sauce that is great, but the best is the mustard sauce... mmm it goes perfectly with the meats.

I recommend to try the sausage as well... smokey flavour to perfection... what else? aaaa of course... its not expensive... the ONLY problem is that they run out of food quickly so get into a TUCTUC and hurry!