“Good museum”

and up
Casa Santo Domingo Museums Admission Ticket
Ranked #4 of 92 things to do in Antigua
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is one of the better museums in Antigua - worth a viewing. Some interesting pieces. Relatively good value for money.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,367)
All reviews
in 56 reviews
"brunch"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I didn't know this museum was also a hotel, so I felt like I was sneaking around inside for a while until I realized what was going on. The inside is so beautiful, there were gardens, fountains, a parrot park and ancient ruins all inside the hotel! When I went there was some kind of high profile wedding going on so it was really exciting to see all the glamorous people attending the wedding. It is a little on the edge of Antigua so I wouldn't suggest going alone or at night. I forgot to mention it is one of the best locations for photos if you want very diverse backgrounds for some selfies or even professional photos,

1  Thank BrittaniaBear
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is a huge hotel, is nice and clean. Buuuuut, is far from everything so walking back at night was scary. It was a monastery so they have monastery music all the time, which makes it creepy. Is an expensive hotel and NOTHING is included, not even Wifi ($8 per HOUR). Plenty other hotels in town that are nicer, better location, breakfast, wifi, water and coffee included.

2  Thank meli_pani
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My daughter and I spent an afternoon here after taking Spanish classes in the morning. The property has a number of museums on site and we paid the admission to tour all of them. The grounds are lush and clean. There are a number of macaws that are displayed as you enter the central part of the hotel. We were not hotel guests, so we didn't head over to the pool area, but it looked very well maintained.

As we walked around, we were caught in an afternoon thunderstorm, so we waited out the storm in the open air church area. Stunning setting for a mass or wedding. We spent a few hours at Casa Santo Domingo and found it to be a fun place to spend our free time.