“Inventive, playful and refreshing!”
Review of Izakaya

Izakaya
Ranked #39 of 387 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Izakaya is a Japanese Sake Establishment which also serves food to accompany the drinks. Enticing Oriental Appetizers with a tropical twist, creating a fusion between guatemalan and asian flavors. Fine cuisine prepared in an open kitchen, by reknown chefs with an international trajectory, which includes Nobu, Zuma & Gordon Ramsay in London. Cozy atmosphere and great music.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect and wasn't even sure I wanted to take a chance on my last meal in Antigua, Guatemala. As a New Yorker, I am on a never ending quest of finding the most authentic experiences and/or experiences that are memorable. Izakaya was an amazing balance of authentic Antigua ambiance and inventive fusion cuisine. Definitely different from the options in the area, so be sure that you are ready for something different. We ordered one of everything and loved every bite. Don't miss the tiraditos and the eggplant! Highly recommend!

2  Thank Suzette111

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I live in Xela, but travel to Antigua often and from the moment it opened, Izakaya has been a dream come true for this foodie's heart. I have visited the restaurant five or six times, and each time the food meets and exceeds my expectations. The ambiance is amazing, as well as the chefs and owners who are warm and welcoming. This would be the perfect spot for happy hour or first date. I generally choose the fish tiradito and shrimp tempura, but fell in love with the spare rib and tenderloin when I took my visiting family. I am looking forward to frequenting again each and every time I am in Antigua.

2  Thank peoplecallmesky
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had great selection of tapa styled dishes tonight, with fantastic attention to detail in all that was prepared for us. We tried almost all the dishes and enjoyed the watching the talent & experience of such art in cooking. The wine was delightful. Get in quick before the word gets out!!!

1  Thank 1wood
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The first time I went to Izakaya was 2 weeks ago, I cant describe how magic this place is.. first of all Ana and Gabriel (owners and chefs) are amazing in the kitchen. Ive tried almost the entire menu and it keeps surprising me everytime I try something new.
I am a travel agent here in Guatemala and I can assure this is the one of the best restaurants Ive tried so far.
absolutely recommend the Tiradito, this was my favorite and also the ribs. (everything else is delicious too)

If you are in Antigua or planning a trip there you cant miss this place.

2  Thank CristinaC126
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Visited twice in this restaurant.
First time as a group of six and we sat in the inner room, the lights and the ambiance was really nice. Second time on the bar viewing Gabriel who is just a genius preparing all the dishes.
The service very nice and it is Gabriel's wife who is really lovely and sweet.

Tasted there the best shrimp ceviche had ever.
The oriental tenderloin was the best tenderloin I tasted ever, it was prepared so simple and good, so tasty, just lick the fingers....
All the other dishes: Wonton, Yakitori, shrimp tampura and even the vegtebals were great.

Defiantly one of the best restaurants in Antigua!

Thanks Gabriel for those two great dinners!

2  Thank Miguelpi