“Great Food, Drink and Service”
Review of Michos

Michos
Ranked #84 of 391 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Michos is recommended by the New York Times in 36 hours in Antigua! It is where the food is Local, Fresh and most importantly Creative! A great place to come with friends and enjoy the creative foods and creative cocktails. Great wine selections as well! Home of the Avocado Margarita!
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Four of us were looking for a place to have a late afternoon lunch when we discovered Michos. We were all pleasantly surprised by the menu and choices. For me especially since I am a vegetarian. The drinks were fun as well. A guacamole margarita doesn't sound very refreshing but it really was delicious. The service was great and since our Spanish is not, the co-owner came by and took our drink and food order in English.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've eaten at Michos three times in the past two weeks for a very good reason...the food there is excellent. I've had the vegetable sandwich (yummy and healthy), the Rexer burger (only problem was the large size of the burger; it was so delicious that I finished the whole thing despite my determination to stop eating when I'm no longer hungry), and finally, the Carrot Soup. This Carrot Soup was easily the best menu choice I've made at Michos so far. It is beyond delicious, and next time I go back, I'll have the same again, please. The owners are friendly, the chef talented, and the service is exemplary. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have lived here in Antigua for over a year now and I have gotten to sample many of the local restaurants. Antigua has many expensive and mediocre restaurants and many combine the worst of both! Micho's is an exception to that....great food and reasonable prices, especially for the quality. They are a favorite of mine for lunch and I decided to dine there last night as a treat after a week of challenging workouts at the gym. The meal I had last night was fantastic. A friend and I split a couple of the small plates/appetizers. Her favorite was the baked brie and mine was the prosciutto wrapped dates. Both were damn good. The mixture of sweet and savory with the dates really worked on my palate and was complemented by the wine. Micho's offers some very nice wines to pair with your meal. Many of the restaurants in town either serve wine by the glass that is complete plonk, typically costing for a glass, what you would pay for a bottle in the tienda. Others in town have bottles that are way overpriced by a factor of 4x or more. Micho's offers a nice selection of reasonably priced, quality bottles and the staff does a very nice job of offering suggestions based up on you food and palate. Our main course was the Filet. WOW! Our first inclination was to go to Escobar, the well known Antigua steak house and I am so glad we did not. Cooked to perfection, the outside was nicely seared, the steak itself, thick, juicy and tender. Accompanied by a perfect mix of vegetables and potato it was a the perfect way to celebrate. We finished the meal with desert. I had the traditional creme brulee and my friend had Micho's legendary avocado creme brulee. I got one small taste before she chased my spoon away! Oh it was good...not a flavor I would have expected and I will order it myself next time. My brulee was scrumptious too and I had to exercise all my will power to not use my fingers to lick the bowl clean. Overall the staff was attentive and the chef personally came by our table to check on our meal, yet they knew to give us enough distance and not pester us during our dinner conversation. Well done!

TeamMicho, Owner at Michos, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

A big big thanks for your extended review of your recent experience at Michos! Glad you had a fantastic evening! Your comments provide great insights for those considering a visit to Michos…thanks! We value and appreciate the business from those who live in the area!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The owner's Neil, and Chris have a great little pub. The food is fantastic, and the service is great. The #1 thing you have to do while in Antigua is to have the Avocado Margarita, and have dinner as well.

Ray & Sarah

TeamMicho, Owner at Michos, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thanks for visiting us at Michos during your stay in Antigua! Yes the Avocado Margarita is by far the most popular drink we have! As well we are glad your enjoyed some of Neil's culinary creations! Hope to see you on the next visit to Antigua.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Another outstanding meal at Michos! One of the courses involved in our tasting was the Carrot soup. Absolutely delicious.

1  Thank Steve K