“Fabulous food, cocktails and staff, highly recommended. ”
Review of Michos

Michos
Ranked #68 of 376 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Michos is recommended by the New York Times in 36 hours in Antigua! It is where the food is Local, Fresh and most importantly Creative! A great place to come with friends and enjoy the creative foods and creative cocktails. Great wine selections as well! Home of the Avocado Margarita!
“Fabulous food, cocktails and staff, highly recommended. ”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Situated just off the main square of Antigua, this place was a highlight of my trip through Central America. I came around 2 pm for lunch, and stayed until 12.30pm straight through enjoying the delicious cocktails and sampling the various fantastic dishes at a very reasonable price. Alone or with friends, the bar staff were friendly and the mood was very laid back. A small hidden gem of Antigua.

virginia
“Who knew flowers were so delicious?”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

On a 10-day stay in Antigua, I ate here three times and each time, something that I ordered came with delicious flowers. I ate fried hybiscus with the tasty and creamy tomato soup starter; I ate nasturtiums (nasturtia?) with the vegetarian entree I ordered that also featured some kind of crazy-good avocado mashed potatoes. I even think there might have been flowers served with the better-than-expected burger and beer special. Maybe not, I stopped paying much attention to anything else after I started into the yam fries -- wow, the perfect mix of sweet, salty, crunchy, without any of the sogginess I've had with some sweet potato fries. Actually, I did notice that the burger was really delicious, even though I dutifully avoided what looked like a very tasty locally-baked roll.
My three visits included one evening of small plates and drinks; one lunch (the aforementioned burger); and one long dinner party with a group of friends. Each event was just the right combination of atmosphere and menu for that particular occasion. The dinner party was relaxed and elegant, set on the patio lit only by candles and the light from the fountain in the courtyard, with perfect service and a wonderful sampling from the entire menu. Everyone was delighted by his or her choice, from starters to entrees to desserts, accompanied by some excellent wines. The food arrived at the perfect pace, and was presented beautifully at the perfect temperature. This must be hard to do with a large group and so many selections, but the kitchen did a great job.
The only slow service I experienced in my three visits was the Friday evening I went for drinks and appetizers; the place was busy and our food took a bit too long to arrive. The waiter was attentive though, and let us know our food was coming. We were even treated to a little something extra (with flowers) while we waited for our food. The food was worth the wait, and my companions raved about their drinks -- some kind of margarita with muddled avocado, then finished with a gorgeous treatment of drops of something red (grenadine?) that made the whole drink look like the tropical bird it's named for. For my part, I enjoyed a flight of Chilean wines. I liked them all and one in particular, but what I really enjoyed was the cleverly written sheet that described each selection and compared the flight to an exotic South American tango. It's this kind of detail that makes Micho's a great destination for a great experience to go along with an excellent meal.

Visited October 2013
Antigua, Guatemala
“Exceptional dining experience at Michos's!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Dining at Micho's was amazing! We took our four children and had the
most delicious meal. We ordered a few different starters. One of our
favorites was the prosciutto and blue cheese wrapped dates. They were served
in such a glamorous way, floating above a bed of edible flowers. I had
the famous shredded pork tacos which were delicious. However, I was a
bit jealous of my husband who ordered the kale and shrimp salad. It
looked fresh and healthy, something I'd want to eat every day. Our
girls loved the filet mignon and scrumptious avocado mashed potatoes. The lamb
sliders were a huge hit with my son. Even their presentation was cool.
We ordered the mac-n-cheese for the table and oh my gosh. To die for.
Basically, from the free starter individual soups to the main courses,
paired beautifully with the syrah reserves, it was a phenomenal dining
experience. And the desserts . . . well, we suggest you go find out for
yourself! Definitely a destination for any local or traveler. Rest
assured that you are drinking filtered water and eating disinfected
fruits and vegetables as well. Always something to think about when
traveling with kids! Buen probecho!

• Visited October 2013
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Over-Rated”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Michos is a small location close to central park with
about 8 tables or so. The ambiance is quaimt and inviting.

Three of us ate here a couple weeks ago and none of us
had rave reviews about our lumch time experience.

The cooked vegetables on the veggie sandwich were tart and
bitter tasting. The steaks sandwich was cooked to order but the
steak was tough....really tough. The popcorn shrimp was the
best part of our meals and was just OK. All batter, little shrimp.

Service was OK. We got our food in a reasonable time but
no-one came by to see if we were happy with our meals.

Overall disappointed and overpriced for the value.

• Visited October 2013
TeamMicho, Owner at Michos, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for visiting Michos and we are sorry the experience was not what you hoped for. We do try our very best to make the experience a good one for our clients and we apologize if the service was not as excellent as it should have been. With regards to the steak, we actually use local meat and usually the reviews of the filet are quite excellent. We hope when you are in Antigua again you will give us another try.
“unique and amazing food”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

the food is just uniquely delicious and the owners are friendly. Service is excellent when the owners are around. When the owners are not around you can sit for 10 minutes without anyone noticing you. I highly recommend the place because of the creatively delicious dishes, the best fillet mignon in antigua and the wonderful friendly owners.

Visited October 2013
TeamMicho, Owner at Michos, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate greatly your generous description of the food and we are very happy you enjoyed it! Thank you as well for the constructive criticism and we will be working to eliminate the problem you mentioned!