“The best soup I had in my life!”

La Casa de las Sopas
Ranked #35 of 370 Restaurants in Antigua
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Small intimate restaurant that make homemade dishes. We specialize in soup and Guatemalan CALDOS, which is like a soup on steriods! We buy all of our produce fresh from the local market and cook everything from scratch. For our customers that arent too interested in soup, we have plenty of options you will like. Our soups are served with a salad and large local heavy bread w/garlic mayonaise pesto. Come in and try our local dishes, you wont be disappointed.
“The best soup I had in my life!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the best place to have an excellent soup in Antigua! We stopped by every night for a soup fix during our stay in town and I can only say, we never had a better one in our life.. Definitely the highlight of our trip !! Thank you !

• Visited April 2013

Nashville, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A New Find Very Good”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Nice & friendly service. A newly open rest. That has Great Food for a Great Value. $105.00 Q Drinks, Tip, was in this Price, for Two... We left very Full. Big Bowl Soup for & a quesadillas for my Wife. Supper Lunch. Please Try It !! P. S. we spend two Months her & we try a lot of Rest. And this One is a RE- DO !!

• Visited March 2013
San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We just returned from eating at Sopas and I needed to write this immediately before I forgot. We had a tremendously tasty bowl of vegan black bean soup. It was the perfect consistency and flavor. If you are vegan be sure to order it without the cream on top. I watched other plates come out and it looked as though the meat based options would be tasty as well.

The service was quite good too. Butter and a creamy dressing were put on the salad and bread that accompanied the soup. They did not hesitate to give us new, dairy free versions when they realized we would not eat it. Everyone from the owner to the rest of the staff was friendly and attentive.

The price was reasonable too. We had two large bowls of soup, with a small salad, bread, glass of wine and lemonade for 100Q.

• Visited January 2013
Antigua, Guatemala
“Okay food”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Not great but just okay. The restaurant is one that specializes in soups but one of ours was not served hot and had to go back to the kitchen. As a person who loves to make soups I was not impressed with our meals there.

Visited November 2012
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“The perfect lunch”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

If soup and small salad, piece of bread is your thing, this is the place. I was the only patron, didn't want to eat too much as will indulge in a big steak tonight. Proprietor welcomed me and showed me around, very small place with small courtyard with a tree and hammock. Narrowed down the choices on menu to lentil soup or chili and asked her which I should choose. She suggested lentil with smoked turkey. I make this myself sometimes and love it so that's what I had. Perfectly delicious as my mother would say, large earthenware bowl, small salad and piece of bread. She said it had leeks as well as the lentils, rice and a garnish of cilantro. I will probably return manana. Cost was 37 Q, just under $5 with nothing to drink.

• Visited November 2012