“Perfect”
Review of Hotel Sor Juana

Hotel Sor Juana
Ranked #5 of 135 Antigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2014

1st class hotel ! Accommodations and staff were fantastic! I highly recommend this hotel! The owner is also part of Antiqua Tours and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this company. They completely put my trip together and all the shuttles and guides were terrific!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dale242014

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We loved Sor Juana for more many reasons. They have a great staff, many of which will set up shuttles and activities for you. They have an included breakfast that is huge and delicious. The location is ideal and just up the road from one of Antiguas most exciting streets for shopping and dining. The atmosphere is very peaceful and we heard no noise at all during our stay except for the occasional bird. I would recommend this hotel to someone that wants to stay somewhere where the staff actually care about you and your stay. Very happy we chose here!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank nicodaboss
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay in the wonderful town of Antigua. The hotel itself had a great atmosphere to it. It had a fantastic location that was close to all the major sights and things to do in Antigua, but still felt removed from any hustle and bustle and felt quiet and secluded. Our room was great. And the highlight was breakfast on the terrace - the food and the views and atmosphere. And can't say enough about the truly fantastic and friendly service at the hotel. Just wonderful overall!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Sor Juana. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are so comfortable. Our bed and pillows were the best! The breakfast provided was delicious and the roof top was perfect for dining. Sor Juana is small and quaint and you feel right at home. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank k8gon
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Whether you are in town for a day, a week, or a month...everything about this place made me feel at home!

Although a boutique hotel...not a single need went unmet. I felt like a guest in someone's home...which I know is what the owner strives to meet. How do I know? Because he told me!

Yes, I was greeted by the owner (and staff) welcomed with open arms, given a personal tour of the digs, and it was clear from the start that this place is his baby.

Rooms were excellent, comfortable, and had everything I needed. One night after a long day out and about I have to say...I was grateful for a few American channels on the television :)

An excellent cup of coffee sitting on the rooftop enjoying the view...heaven.

Needed to find something around town or maybe a recommendation...eager to help!

A little something special for breakfast, yum.

A hot shower in a clean bathroom with actual water pressure? Check!

A cold drink of something special? Can we get you some more!

Need a ride to the airport in the city? Let us take care of that for you!

Looking for something different to do today? Tell us what you're into and we'll find the activity for you!

Internet access: fast and reliable

Want to know more about Antigua? Guess what...a complementary guide with TRUE historical knowledge about the city will be in tonight for an hour discussion.

Security: yes...you are absolutely safe here!

So you liked this little thingymado we have and wish you had one at home? Let me tell you where you can buy one in town! What, you couldn't find it? Give me your address and we'll get one and ship it to you!

Seriously folks...need a great place to stay that's not only fantastic but of great value? Make your reservation now as there are only a handful of rooms and you don't want to miss out.

Since I know the owner is reading this review (because he pays attention to details)...just want to let you know that staying with you was one of the highlights of the trip. You have every right to be proud of your baby!

Everyone else reading this: enjoy! I'll save the I told you so for later.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Marcus S
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We loved our time here. Room was great. Breakfast on the roof was enjoyable - ate black beans every day while in Guatemala and theirs were the clear winner. Alejandro could not have been more helpful. Being able to come back after hiking and raid the well stocked wine cabinet to enjoy a relaxing moment on the roof with wine was definitely a perk.

They were very helpful in letting us stay later when a strike kept our shuttle to Pana from arriving for 4 hours. I would definitely come back for the staff and the environment of the entire house.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fritch
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This small hotel is in a quiet area of Antigua (yes there is such a place). The ambience and service are spectacular and the view from the roof top terrace is unequalled. The staff are very responsive and flexible. They will also help you with your Spanish language education if necessary. We would go back here time after time.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms. Unit one was near the street but we heard little noise. Some rooms...