“Had dinner here and came back for lunch next day.”
Review of Cactus

Cactus
Ranked #13 of 370 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Vibrant mexican cuisine in the heart of Antigua, with a cozy ambiance and a cosmolpolitan crowd, good live music everyday and excellent service.Among our favorite dishes: shrimp and bacon burritos, fish tacos,caldo tlalpeno, cochinita pibil nachos and tempura shrimp tacos.Variety of beer, delicious Margaritas and the best Micheladas in town. Open every day.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Had dinner here and came back for lunch next day.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'll start with the food. I had shrimp and bacon tacos for dinner and they were so absolutely amazing that I came back the next day and had them for lunch. Everyone in our party loved their dishes...and their mojitos!

It was 2 for 1 mojitos all day yesterday and so of course I had to have one (well, two, they were on deal ok?!) Two guys came off the street for "mojitos to go", but quickly realised that would be foolish. Why leave Cactus? 6 mojitos and a plate of guacamole nachos later, we all left for a mini bar crawl. Cactus is so friendly!

Not only is it easy to get talking to the next table, it's more than easy to find friends in the staff. Laura, the owner is a fast, sweet talking Mexican lady with a ready smile and a kind heart. Jordy is a mojito-maker extraordinaire. You should try his new mojito invention of purple basil instead of mint - yum. The two chefs are a blur of hands and smiles cooking up delicious burritos, tacos and enchiladas.

On top of all that, it's cheap. If you miss Cactus during your stay in Antigua, you'll miss one of my favourite hangouts.

• Visited November 2013

Guatemala City, Guatemala
“OK!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Cactus is Ok for a quick lunch.

Prices are good and so is the service.

The food we found bland and with small portions.
We had the burrito and a taco with fish. Both were OK
but we would not select them again. Next time we{ll
try something else from the menu.

• Visited November 2013
Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
“The closest thing to a sidewalk café you're going to get in Antigua”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I am a huge Cactus fan. Since Antigua does not allow sidewalk cafes this intimate little taco bar puts you right on an interesting street (6th calle) but just under the roof.

The drinks are awesome and Laura, the owner, makes a mean margarita! The nachos and tacos are all great, filling and fresh, although I must admit the fish ones are my go to choice every time.

The soundtrack rocks and watching the tacos being grilled to order while drinking a cold beer makes for an experience that you have to cross an international border to find. Lucky it is right here in Antigua!

• Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
“Best food in Antigua!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I'm sad to say I found this restaurant on my last day of 7 weeks in Antigua. My son and I both agreed this was our favorite restaurant of its kind. I had very tasty fish tacos with avocado and pineapple and my son had a burrito big enough for a teenager to take some home. Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2013
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Nice Visit”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We enjoyed Cactus but were uninspired by their
nachos. There are so many locations in Antigua
that serve much better nachos plates. We are use
to having servings much larger and that are loaded
with many more ingredients including guacamole, chicken
and beef.

The nachos tatsed Ok but in comparison to others they
fell far short of our expecations and lacked value
compared to what we are accustomed to.

Service was very friendly. The ambiance is quaint and clean.

Maybe we will try something different the next time we visit.

• Visited September 2013