“Fab coffee - funky place”

Fat Cat Coffee House
Ranked #3 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Antigua
Description: We were born into the world of Shop Coffee 1 out of April 2010 in a beautiful place called San Juan Comalapa, Chimaltenango, but as destiny and God's blessing we can now find in the cradle of one of the best coffees in the world , Antigua Guatemala. Do not hesitate to take a great cup of good coffee, we use a mix of cafes Acatenango, to give balance to the coffee cup and Antigua, which gives us as a result, excellent coffee !!! Thank a lot the collaboration of Tito Drums, Gaton, Farel, Friends and Family. "God Bless Fat Cat Coffee House" ..... Alguan reference as it started this dream
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

It was refreshing to have great coffee in this sweet small cafe in Antigua after having appalling coffee in California. We made this a daily ritual. Also upstairs there's a delicateness with cheese etc. The brother baristas are lovely and were on first name basis by day two.

There are newer reviews for Fat Cat Coffee House

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have tried virtually every coffee house in Antigua. Without question, Fat Cat is the best. They pay attention to every cup of coffee, and their customers. The coffee is consistent, cup after cup.
Not only is it the best coffee, but it's also one of the least expensive option in Antigua.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stopped here for an afternoon coffee and cake to get out of the rain and had two lovely coffees served by warm friendly brothers. it was more than the coffee there. we were made to feel very welcome and enjoyed our coffee experience very much.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Small little place, friendly staff, first time I had coffee there, loved it and craved more. The next 2 times wasn't as good as I remembered but still pretty good. Worth a visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I spent five and a half weeks in Antigua Guatemala studying Spanish. I love coffee. I came across El Cafe Gordo/Fat Cat Coffee House during my first week of exploring Antigua.

Their lattes are the best. I spent a lot of time comparing their coffee with the coffee plantations, other cafes, high priced restaurants and hotels in and around Antigua and they are in a class by themselves.

It's not just their coffee. It's the atmosphere, the friendliness of the owners and baristas. On my second day the owner Gerison asked me my name. I told him my name and every time I came in after that he greeted me by name. Not only that, but his wife and his father (who substituted for him when he was away buying coffee beans) also greeted me by my name.

They also patiently listened to my limited Spanish and spoke to me very slowly. Much appreciated.

I spent hours and hours drinking coffee, Skyping my wife back in Canada, doing my language homework and meeting the most memorable and fascinating travellers from around the world in this wonderful coffee shop.

Gracias Gerison, su familia y baristas para su maravilloso café, su calor y generosidad. ¡No puedo esperar a volver y disfrutar de más de su café!

1  Thank Marjan G