“Great little cafe”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Ochenta y tres is a wonderful cafe run by Lu and Nicko. I spent many afternoons here during the past month enjoying the great music and delightful coffee. Lu and Nicko are very kind people and have a great thing going. I enjoyed chatting with them many afternoons but also enjoying their cappuccinos with a good book. Also, if they have brownies, they're a must try!

2  Thank Daniel C

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stopped by this morning after seeing reviews on Trip Advisor and had the pancakes with a cappuccino, both of which were very good and only cost Q25 total. What a great deal! I also got to meet Lu and Niko (the owners) who were really friendly. I will definitely go back!

2  Thank Tyler C
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Thank you tripadvisor. Because of other reviews I made my way to Ochenta y Tres for breakfast. The pancakes look amazing. However, on this morning I chose their omelet sandwich made on freshly baked (in their kitchen) bread. It was super delicious. The sandwich also came with a cappuccino ...one of the best I've had in Guatemala. Ana, one of the owners was a delight...and she is fluent in English. Her partner, Nico was in the kitchen cooking. The decor is cute and much of it is made from recycled wood and industrial crates. They also bake a lot of pastries on site. I was told today they were making fresh apple pie. Of course I'm sorry I will miss it. This place has been open six months and it is certain to be a huge hit with travelers and locals. Prices are very reasonable. I will definitely return when I am in Antigua.

1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We loved this cafe! The owners (Who are always there!) are the most lovely people, and we immediately felt so at home in their friendly cafe. The company is enough for 5 stars, but the food and the coffee was also delicious. This was are favourite breakfast spot in Antigua!
Best of Luck!
Cavan & Ana (The Canadians)

OchentayTres, Propietario at Ochenta y Tres, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

You two are so sweet!!! Thaaank youuuuuu so muuuch for your extremely nice comment! We appreciate it so much. It was great meeting you and we hope to see you back here!
This means so much to us.. We are more than happy to hear that you felt comfortable at our little cafe.
Please take care and we wish you all the best as well…!
If you are ever back in La Antigua please remember that our doors are always open for you!
Can I give your comment 5 stars!? :)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

As the title says this place is run by Anna y Niko cool people to chat too. They have fresh cookies or cakes daily and good tasty food. A nice chilled out place for a coffee and a natter. Miss you guys :)

OchentayTres, Propietario at Ochenta y Tres, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Hey! Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a nice comment! We are flattered!! Its so nice to read a comment such as yours because basically, its what we are trying to do.
Forget about the formality between employee/ customer and just try to make and great connection! We love the fact that you felt this way! It means we are doing something right!
Take care and remember that you'll always be welcomed at our place!!