“Relaxing”

Posada de Los Leones
Ranked #98 of 132 Antigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I spend the most relaxing weekend in the hotel. Lovely rooms!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank JoseMGarcia
There are newer reviews for Posada de Los Leones

Reviewed January 25, 2008

We spent New Years here and it was beautiful. My one complaint was at check out. They add 10% tip in your total room charge. That's $25 per day. I had been tipping the staff all along so when the bill came I had an issue with it. They eventually resolved it but suddenly the staff was not so nice. They need to be up front with this. Rooms are great and the breakfast was also good.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank canucks10
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Guatemala is a beautiful country, with wonderful people, so Posada de los Leones was the perfect place to hide from the Christmas madness at home, with the great service and excellent accommodations.

The rooms are fabulous; a big plus for me is that the Inn has only six rooms, located in las Gravileas, which is about 10 min. away, walking distance from the central park, so it is a very quiet place. Our room was the Master suite that is 1,250 sq. ft. (more or less) with a large Jacuzzi, fireplace, huge bathroom and a canopy king size bed. I personally loved the linen (Egyptian cotton), the fine towels and all our amenities from BVLGARI, but most of all I loved coming back from a day trip and finding the wonderful staff willing to help me with my bags and offering a refreshing lemonade that I would enjoy in the terrace, in the hammock, surrounded by all the wonderful mountains and the volcanoes.

All my day trips were arranged at the reception which made things easier since I really did not have a plan on what is it that I wanted to do, besides resting, and they were extremely helpful. The food is also wonderful which was a great thing for me since I did not want to go out every night to have dinner, and of course the breakfast every morning was outstanding, we could choose something different from the menu every day, I will definitely be coming back next year with friends…it is the perfect place to relax.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Lions Inn is one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed. Everyone there was so nice. I felt so welcomed and everyone was so helpful. I will definitely be staying there on my next visit to Guatemala!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Posada de los Leones has it all, confort, style and service...In particular we enjoyed the wonderful caring, personalized service that is so very unusual in our busy world. We loved Billy, the drinks, the breakfast, the champagne, the roses and the lovely baths. we hate to leave and we will be back!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed December 11, 2007

We returned to the Lions Inn for a visit in October and I was so happy to feel like I was back at home. I lived in the Lions Inn for 2 months in 2006 and this was my first trip back since then. I did notice a few changes all more positive than in 2006. New bed linens and plasma TV's. The staff were all very accomodating to meet all our needs and desires. Breakfast was AWESOME every morning. We made plans to visit a coffee plantation and they had it all arranged for us. The manager also helped us every night with our dinner reservations and recommended places to shop. I will be staying there again in January 2008. I like to stay in the apartment because you have a living room and kitchenette plus a desk for a computer. Thanks LIONS INN for making our trip so special.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed December 11, 2007

I was looking for the perfect place to ask my girlfriend to be my wife, after considering plenty of choices a good friend of mine told me that Lions Inn was offering a romantic package that consisted in a romantic dinner and one night at the wonderful master suite, so I called and arranged everything. Dinner was great, but the entire place is wonderful, with an exquisite taste in decoration, and marvelous attention to every single detail, the service was way above our expectations, we had dinner in the terrace with a stunning view to the Agua volcano and just the greatest atmosphere. Following our amazing dinner we went into the most wonderful suite I’ve ever been to, decorated with rose petals, candles and a bottle of champagne. In the morning we had the best breakfast we’ve had in the most magical place in Antigua Guatemala. I wish we could have stayed for longer, but we’ll be back for our honeymoon!!! Looking forward to our next visit!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple