“clean & quiet.”
Review of Posada Los Bucaros

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Antigua
Posada Los Bucaros
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed September 19, 2013

nice courtyard, my room was off the courtyard which had running water in the fountain giving a relaxing atmosphere. quiet anyway due to low season. downsides : no windows so no ventilation and hence room smelled of damp; single beds were creaky and moved when i turned around in bed. staff helpful and courteous. booked volcano trip through them,standard fixed cost of US$ 10and his collects from the hotel so don't bother booking through an agent.

Room Tip: my off the courtyard room was quiet. other rooms are to the left of the reception and off the corrid...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sonya I

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My room was quite small but tall ceiling meant it felt ok. Decorated nicely. Clean. Everything worked. Chilled water and coffee available near reception.
Staff extremely helpful and phoned a riding centre for me so I could arrange a lesson.
Would recommend and return if my travels take me that way again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank thisbe
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Since I travel every year to Antigua Guatemala, I make sure to stay at Posada los Bucaros because it has an excellent location and an amazing and cozy environment. I would recommend this place for a family, a group, couples or solo travelers. Posada Los Bucaros counts with very clean and ventilated rooms and also with beautiful courtyards. Both, staff and administration at this Posada are always respectful, helpful friendly and welcoming which makes your staying a peaceful, wonderful and relaxing experience. So, if you are visiting Antigua Guatemala, make sure you have a little taste of this awesome place!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter. Rooms on the second floor are larger and sunny and have an exce...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Miriam M
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Every time we arrive in Antigua, Guatemala, we stay at Posada Los Bucaros. We have been guests there off and on for 2 years now. The hotel is very clean and quiet. The staff is always pleasant and very kind to us. Management goes out of their way to help us and accommodate our needs. We would recommend Los Bucaros to our family and friends or to any one looking for a nice hotel to stay in while in Antigua. We love Rosana and her staff at Los Bucaros, they are like family to us.

Room Tip: We love rooms 12 and room 15 and the view from the terrace.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I made arrangements to accommodate a group of 26 people the last April and they all had a wonderful time, the rooms were very clean and great decoration and not to say breakfast are extremely delicious. I got no concern from anyone and they just loved everything. Again I am already planing to accommodate my next group at this hotel and certainly recommended to anyone else who plans to stay at the lake. Please do not hesitate to ask any question concerning to this great hotel!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This Pousada is run by what have to be two of the loveliest people in Guatemala. Having assisted me in booking a bike tour of the area they insisted on dropping me at the tour operator so I wouldn't get lost on my first day. They are seriously lovely and helpful people. The Pousada is clean and bright, it can be noisy with the road traffic so bring ear plugs if this bothers you. They provide fresh water so you don't have to buy plastic all the time and lovely coffee all day. The showers are great. The location is a short walk to the Central Park and close to the markets and Gloria's salsa classes at New Sensation Salsa.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank VoluptuaryG
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here with a group of 30 students. The staff here were incredibly accommodating of our needs during probably the busiest time of the year for them. It was easy arranging meals with them and they would often ask what we wanted to eat. They accommodated any meetings that our group needed to have and were always looking for ways to help in both big and little areas. They made us feel very much at home. The small gardens are wonderful public spaces and it is a convenient location just a touch outside the downtown core of Antigua. Very clean and well kept.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business