$126
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$98
$134
$244
$126
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$145
  • Pool
$176
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstucan tourlovely little hotelcolonial buildingwelcome drinkshort walk to the main squareroom optionsg adventures tourbasic accommodationbase to explorefew blocksfree water and coffeedownstairs roomtwin bedsreception areanice showershort staywalking distance to everything
Reviewed December 15, 2011

It has been an awesome two years of staying in this beautiful and peaceful place. I Am a senior tour leader at Intrepid Travel; just taking a well deserved time off from the travels, but when I'm ready to trail again it will be a pleasure to stay at Los Bucaros in Antigua. If theres one place a tour leader can relax and let the staff of the hotel do wonders for you and your people its Los Bucaros!!!! Sending Jah vibes from The Fifth Creation reggae/bar/lounge in El Remate, Peten, Guatemala. This is a GREAT PLACE!!!! Joshua de la Bastide, Tour Leader & Bar owner.

Room Tip: the ones not so close to reception are the best!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed for a couple of days and I find the rate just a great deal for a such a beautiful colonial house. The room was spotless and everithing I asked for I never got a no for an answer. My room
was on the second floor and the view of the
volcanoe was amazing. I did some activities thru them such a volcanoe hike, mayan predictions, coffee tour, and a great massage in my room. Also I have to mention the delicios breakfast buttet. Bucaros contributed a lot to make my vacations just perfect. But the main thing I like about them is that the owner is guatemalan and significative pexrcentage of the income goes directly to a women proyect in san antonio aguas calientes, wich I had the opportunity to visit and make tortillas and pepian with them. They were so efficient in taking my reservations and their driver polite and nice when meet us at the airport. I do recommed Bucaros highly.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank robert8576
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I made reservations here several months back. I called them to make sure they still had my reservation a week before my trip to Guatemala and they had no record of my reservation and no rooms available. I had to call several hotels at the last minute and luckily found one that was affordable. This was completely unprofessional and I would not suggest staying here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I arrived with a group a week ago and will leave tomorrow. We were all really well looked after, the breakfasts were very sufficient and better value than the outside breakfast places, the staff mostly spoke english and the owners spent plenty of their time on us. I am going to Tikal tomorrow and didn't want to take my bags with me so they are storing them and they lent me a rucksack for my trip. I will return next week to stay one more night and collect my bags. They met us at the airport in Guatemala City and we got here quicker than with the shuttles. The woman who appeared to be the owner, Roseanna, was nearly always on hand, and everything I asked for was done.
I thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of coming here, the prices are very reasonable, and I read some of the other reviews and didnt understand their gripes. There was always coffee and purified water, and I got hot tea whenever I asked. I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Go upstairs
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We only lasted 90 minutes at the hotel, and that was waiting on the staff. We made a reservation a month in advance, and reconfirmed two days before. We thought there might be a problem when they said single room in reconfirm - we reserved a double and resent their original confirmation for it - and they said no problem, a double room. When we arrived, it was clear they had a company there doing a retreat or business conference or something, so we guessed more problems awaited... and they did. Bucaros said we didn't have a reservation there but rather a few blocks away in a separate annex that was basically just a bunch of rooms with no actual hotel. We argued with them, so they called the owner/manager (?) and she claimed over the phone that she informed us we were in the annex rooms in an email a week previous. We said we made the reservation a month previous, so there should be no reason to put us in an annex, and that she never sent an email. The girl said she would be over in 10 minutes. During the hour we waited, we tried to get online, but their wifi didn't work. They had a computer attached directly to the router, and they let us use that, so we checked our email, and of course she was wrong. She never sent a thing. When the lady arrived, we sat in her office and watched her go through emails for 15 minutes until saying, "Okay, we never said you were in the Annex, we never sent you an email, but we can put you wherever we want, and you're in the annex." We tried to explain that we were paying the high prices for their hotel because we wanted to stay in the hotel, not in a bunch of rooms in some random building a few blocks away. We wanted a hotel! The lady was unapologetic and said she didn't care what is the email or that she never told us, she's putting us in the annex whether we like it or not. She was so rude that, quite frankly, we dropped a few F-bombs on her and walked out.

Actually found Hostal Antigua with a better location, same amenities (cable tv, private room and bath, great hot water shower) with stuff they didn't have (working wifi, free purified water, kitchen, rooftop deck) for half the price.

Still, it was giant waste of time and a pain to find a new place. Plus, we paid for a shuttle to drop us off at Buacros, so that was wasted money too. The staff at Bucaros were pathetic. Clearly the big tour group came in and they decided to ship us out without even the courtesy of a warning. They are pure trash over there. At the very least, apologize, say it was a mistake, and offer either a discount or help finding another place. They were too low class to even do that. If you want to stay there, good luck.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple