“I love this place”
Review of Posada El Antano

Posada El Antano
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Again I was lucky to stay in this fine place for a reasonable price.
This is my fifth stay there.
The staff is great , helpful in every way
the breakfast is a delight every morning.
I enjoy the fresh flowers every where
Can't wait to o there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank OLDSMAR

Reviewed July 3, 2010

Second visist to Antigua and I have found where I will stay. The amentities were very nice and the staff even better. It is uncommon to be served with professionalism these days but almost impossible to find service rendered out of true love and humilty. Absolutely great.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed April 9, 2010

The title of this review says it all. That's exactly what you get. My partner and I lucked-out and got what appears to be their "bridal suite" (up a set of private stairs) with a canopy bed, hot tub and fireplace...all for US$80/night, including great breakfast the next morning. This is the only place we stayed while in Antigua but from what others told us, it's amongst the best value & quality for the money. Staff were average but accommodating (bit of a language barrier with our limited Spanish and their limited English). Highly recommended. Nicest room we stayed in during our month in Central America.

ps. While in Antigua, make sure you check-out the Pacaya volcano and use the outfitter "OX Outdoor Expeditions" out of Antigua.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Posada el Antano was our base of operations in Antigua, and it was just okay. The room was clean enough, the staff was nice enough, the location was good enough, I was just hoping for nicer.

Pros: The little courtyard was nice enough, and there was wireless internet and a guest computer. TV in room (albeit tiny and up way high). Bathtub and fireplace in room. Those were nice.

Cons: The complimentary breakfast was underwhelming. The safe in our room didn't work. There wasn't a stopper for the bathtub, and when we requested one it didn't work. There were loud church bells early in the morning. The decor was pretty stark. And the bed was HARD.

In short: your money goes so much further in Guate, and there are so many really nice places to stay in Antigua, I would opt to spend a little more because what you get will be much nicer and more charming. But if you're your looking for a safe, clean, low frills sort of place, Posada el Antano is perfectly fine.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hrhuntington
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I am way overdue in writing this review but since it's almost a year since we've been there, I've been thinking of the Posada el Antano and wishing I was going back. To begin with, I corresponded by email with the "front desk" many, many times. Everyone I "chatted with" by email was wonderful and absolutely willing to be of service.

When we finally arrived, I fell in love with the charming atmosphere and the friendly faces. I traveled with my 18 year old son. We were on our way to Lake Atitlan. The room at the Posada el Antano was spotless. I loved that you could sleep with your window open and here the birds chirping and feel the breeze. It was wonderful! I most definitely would stay there again.

Lorrie
Royersford, PA

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2010

The pictures are much better than the actual hotel. It was nice but over priced and the bed was uncomfortable.
Positives:
1. It had a nice courtyard in the back for relaxing and hanging out with friends.
2. Location was great.
3. Staff was friendly.
4. Our room was in the courtyard area and was quite.

Negatives:
1. No parking, are car was parked right out front and the window was broken and the radio was stolen $500 charge by the rental car company.
2. Pictures on website are much better than actual place.
3. Free breakfast was just OK.
4. Over priced.
4. Room felt like a cave.

I would not stay there again if I were to go back.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nosara1216
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Good location. Nice staff, but since neither me or my husband spoke Spanish we struggled a bit with communication.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple