“I had my wedding here”

Convento Santa Clara
Ranked #15 of 86 things to do in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: These ruins, like so many others in the city, are the effects of several devastating earthquakes over the last 200 years.
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I married here some 3 years ago. It's a fabulous ruin. At first glance my wife to be knew it was the venue she wanted. I visited it again recently with some friends and I have to say some of the renovations are making it lose its charm. I would have given it a 5 but sadly closing public access to the tunnels, laying new tiles etc its not the same

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very picturesque and beautiful ruins with well-kept gardens with lots of neat exploring to do. Fairly inexpensive too. Worth checking out for sure!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was our first stop in beautiful Antigua. The ruins are quite extensive and the views of the surrounding volcanoes are really nice. Its a great place to take pictures, though it was a bit pricey to enter by Guatemalan standards for something that takes about 20 to 30 minutes to see.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a friend with us who could explain the history of the convent. Without that aid, it would still have been nice for photos. The place is now used for special events but otherwise open to tourists.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

It was a nice experience visiting this place at random. We just noticed a small entrance to the hallway from the street and decided to enter. The friendly cashier seeing that we were undecided suggested that he will not complain if we purchase student tickets.
We found the Convent very interesting and with the character. It is great that some renovation is taking place because at some point in the past this convent was an architectural pearl in this part of the world. It will take 1h to walk through the different areas of the garden and ruins and we were not disappointed.