“Great Stay highly recommend.”
Review of Posada Del Angel

Posada Del Angel
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Oakland, California
“Great Stay highly recommend.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Quick review:
We can't say enough about this hotel.
We got off a long overnight flight (I was 34 weeks pregnant) and they were so sweet and offered us a room to relax in before ours was ready at 8am. That was a classy move! After a quick nap and an amazing roof top breakfast we enjoyed the city.
The breakfast was amazing!
We stayed in the green room which was beautiful.
We stayed one night here and another at Santo Domingo. I would hands down come back to Posada del Angel. SERVICE...SERVICE... SERVICE and the rooms were great.
Thank you for a great stay!

We also used Elizabeth Bell tour company for many things. They also are a class act. I will review them more on their page.

Go to Hectors for dinner.

1 Thank DancinDeb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta
Reviewed March 6, 2013

With just 7 rooms this boutique hotel has a warm homey feeling. A spectacular architectural achievement with new constructions which looks hundreds of years old. Gracious staff. Delicious hearty breakfast. Rooftop patio overlooking the town. We stayed in the blue room with soaring ceiling. Huge comfortable bed. We enjoyed a fire on a cool night.

Only complaint is that the pool should be heated. I wanted to swim after a long day touring, but it was more of a splash, scream and get out.

3 Thank wwtraveler_10
Avignon, France
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just returned from a 7 night stay at Posada del Angel. My sister and I were very comfortable, and the staff treated us royally in terms of attentiveness, helpfulness, and courtesy. The hotel is an aesthetic gem - you can imagine what it would be like to live in a gorgeous yet homey colonial house. I could list so many details - fresh roses in our room, a fire in our room's fireplace to warm a cool evening, votive candles that line the walkways at night, Guatemalan textiles beautifully featured in all the rooms, delicious breakfasts (with choices), artwork, landscaping ---just perfect. And the staff - wonderful! They helped arrange our day trips to Chichi and Lake Atitlan with safe drivers and a wonderful, knowledgeable guide. From restaurant suggestions to shopping ideas, they helped us make the best use of our time. In my opinion, staying at this small jewel of a hotel beats a stay at any of the larger colonial hotels in town - they can't touch the level of service we experienced at Posada del Angel. This was my second stay at the hotel, and both visits were exceptional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Jonikc
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just returned from a 4 night stay at this lovely hotel. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate my group the entire time. I arrived very early in the day and was unable to access my room. The staff provided me breakfast and a place to freshen up. Once the rest of my party arrived, the hotel called me so I wouldn't have to worry about checking in to see if they were there yet. They also helped arrange activities/transportation/meals. The entire experience was amazing. Our room was beautifully decorated and the sheets were quite possibly the softest I've ever slept on. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to stay there again on my next visit to Antigua.

Room Tip: Room 4 has a king size bed. Most of the other rooms are double or queen sized. Room 3 was closer to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lesley C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Posada del Angel is a special hotel in a very special city. Behind an unassuming door only a few blocks from the city plaza sits a charming hideaway with just a few rooms and delightful sitting area. Above them is a rooftop garden where breakfast is served in a setting, surrounded by volcanoes, that is hard to match anywhere. In addition to the the terrific facility, the staff, led by Anibal, couldn't be nicer or more helpful. If you are tired of the standard upscale hotel and hotel room and are looking for a unique place to stay with extraordinary charm, this is the place for you.

4 Thank SnowTT
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a 5 night trip to Guatemala. I have read many of the other reviews and saw that some mentioned it was on the edge of town - yes - but that is very misleading as the "town" is only 16 square blocks! I like that we were located only 3 or 4 blocks away from what could have been a bit noisy (ie a hotel either with or next to a bar). As it was we had the peace and serenity of the hotel (coffee on the rooftop terrace looking at the spectacular views) without the hassles of noise- alot of people etc. When I compare our stay to one at the much larger and well known Casa Santa Domingo (where we dined one night) I was quite happy that we had decided to stay at the Posada - no conference center lit up at night and a very elegant atmosphere which completely succeeded without being the least bit stuffy!

I won't even go into detail about the desk clerk who helped me (in her office) figure out how to print my airline boarding passes, taking over a half hour of her time.

Having said all of that, this is not a place I'd be comfortable bringing my two children. This boutique hotel has the air of quiet elegance and kids running around or splashing in the lovely lap pool would be completely out of place in my opinion.

We stayed in the Mary Sue suite, which I loved as it was at the end of the hallway and very private.

Room Tip: Try to get one at the end of the hallway for maximum privacy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Traveller48570
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Antigua was the first place we stopped on our honeymoon and I'm so glad Posada del Angel was where we were staying. It is a beautiful colonial building set around a courtyard (as are most places in Antigua). There are 6 or 7 bedrooms, we were in the Green Room nearest the front desk. As the rooms were set away from the road outside (not that it was a busy road anyway) we couldn't hear any road noise or passing pedestrians despite being so close to the front. The beds have 100% Egyptian cotton sheets, absolute luxury! Breakfast can be taken in the small dining room or on the beautiful roof terrace (where we ate every morning) which overlooks the volcanoes - nothing better! Rancheros are a must and taste gorgeous, breakfast was always started with fresh fruit and juice though! The staff are lovely, not all staff speak English, but that shouldn't put you off. We don't speak Spanish but we muddled through easily with the few words we did know. There is a pool, but test it before you go in - it was freezing when we were there in December (it's heated by the sun) but I would think it gets much warmer as the year goes on! It is certainly refreshing after a days walking around the town! The hotel is lit by candles at night, stunning! Go up to the terrace at sunset for a relaxing drink. Bliss!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple