Lowest prices for your stay
$78
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$78
Travelocity$78
Trip.com$74
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2015

I stayed for 9 days in early June in order to explore the captivating historic city of Antigua, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Aurora's location is fabulous, next door to the Museum of Chocolate(!) and two short blocks to the Parque Central, with excellent coffee shops and local life. The Aurora attracts friendly people and, in June, a solo traveler will likely be drawn, as I was, into the hub-bub of college groups congregating after homestays and of adoptive families bringing their Guatemalan children for reunions with their birth families. So the result was a bit noisy at times within the hotel walls but it was fun to join such poignant moments and hotel staff enforced the quiet time after 10 p.m. Of interest for those who might want gathering space in the evening for small reunions, the hotel allows guests to gather in the breakfast room cum conference room. (Set-up and clean-up is your responsibility. Confirm availability with the reception desk)
The hotel staff was very helpful, including arranging an expert driver/guide for a one-day trip to Copan. My room opened to the lovely garden and I spent many hours reading and writing in the sunshine. The breakfast was adequate but I found myself drawn every morning to the Parque Centrale to sip espresso and watch the morning activity around the Cathedral San Jose. I hope to return to the Aurora with my grandkids. They would love it!

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank 868lindak
Reviewed March 28, 2015

We spent 8 nights at this hotel, found it totally met our needs, and the price is reasonable. The beds were very comfortable, the shower was fine and during the day there was a 42 year of parrot, Lorenza, in the garden. The patio outside our door was lovely and we enjoyed the outdoor living that Guatemala offers. The morning breakfast offered loads of fruit, coffee, yogurt, toast, breads and cereal. Eggs and bacon were extra and worth it!
The staff were lovely as well and the room was always cleaned and ready for the day in the morning. The location is also perfect . . . very central to all there is to see and do.
We will absolutely return to this hotel!

Room tip: Rooms on the street are probably a bit noisier.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deirdre K
Reviewed March 23, 2015

This is a lovely hotel in Antigua. If you are looking for a luxurious hotel there are other hotels in Antigua. However, if you chose to stay at Aurora Hotel you will feel at home in this quaint and historic building. The building originally housed the first girls school in Antigua. It's a true Spanish style home with a center courtyard where all rooms open to the courtyard. The courtyard garden is beautifully gardened with native flora. With a friendly staff, good breakfast food and a great location in Antigua this is my home when I visit Antigua.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2015 via mobile

We spent here 3 nights.
The rooms are pretty big and so is the bathroom with an antique design. It's not fancy but really nice with a good relaxing vibe. Their is a beautiful garden in the middle of the hotel which you can sit and relax in. The stuff was nice, we booked threw the hotel couple of tours. Breakfast is very very basic.
It's located in the center, about 5 minute walk to the main plaza.
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2015
Reviewed March 15, 2015

We have stayed at fancier hotels (e.g. Antigua's Porta Hotel) and found this one much more to our liking, But I will concede that young children would prefer a place with a swimming pool and lots of mysterious corridors in which to wander around, while business people would prefer a place with conference rooms. But for vacationing adults, or families with children in their late teens, this is perfect. It is laid back, and easy to find. It is simple, clean, the staff is very nice, and parking is handy. Rooms are arranged around a courtyard ("patio") which is full of flowers and you can lounge on the covered area that surrounds it. It is not cutesy and it is not a creation of some fancy decorator: rather the aesthetic is traditional in the true sense of the word. The breakfast is mostly juice, fruits and toast and yoghurt (no hot grill) but that is very healthy. There is wifi in the rooms and enough light that you can read at night. Rooms on the courtyard sides away from the street are the quietest, but soundproofed windows make the rooms on the street sides fairly quiet as well. My bathroom had only a shower (if you want a tub, you should inquire). Beds were comfortable, with ample covers in case it gets chilly at night. In my room (and in public places) wifi had a good signal. I also found plenty of wall outlets that we could use for charging our electronic appliances.

Room tip: Rooms on the west side are the quietest
Date of stay: March 2015