Lowest prices for your stay
$78
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$78
Travelocity$78
Trip.com$74
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 8, 2015

I very much enjoyed a 4-day stay at this hotel. The rooms very large and the beds were extremely comfortable. Bathrooms are modern, but there could have been a bit more hot water one morning. The rooms are off a lovely courtyard where you can sit either in the sun or in the shade and there is a fountain in the center and beautiful flowers. Don't miss the parrot who lives in the lolvely back patio. The staff is helpful and very nice. They made reservations for us at an outstanding restaurant and provided us with free drink coupons. The breakfast is very good, but lacks protein. We paid extra to have an American breakfast with eggs. The hotel is located about 3 blocks from the central plaza. The only negative is that two sides of the hotel, where most of the rooms are, front on cobblestone streets which made it loud at night when cars and trucks rumbled over them.

Room tip: Try to get a room that is not directly on either of the 2 streets next to the hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2015

The hotel is situated on the best block of Antigua, near to the Cacao Museum and other shops. The city's main square is just two blocks ahead. The room were extremely big, with capability to host at least five people. The decoration is nice and the hotel's patio is a very pleasant Place. The service is very good, especially those provided by Manoel, who could find us a very nice tour to the Pacaya Volcano on late Sunday. The garage is another great advantage of this hotel. The only is remark is the breakfast that is very simple and could be improved by more options of bread.

Room tip: Apply for room 12, if family and room 12-A for couples in honey moon
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2015

We live in another area of Guatemala, but sometimes have reason to be in Antigua. We always book our dates around the availability of a room at the Aurora. Over the years the hotel has never failed to please enormously. Other reviewers have rightfully raved about their rooms, location, breakfast in a beautiful dining room. I second their emotion! Best of all is the staff who have been there so long and are hospitable, warm and efficient. We will be back soon & often.

Room tip: Even the exterior rooms are very quiet because of the windows they have installed.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2015

This is why you come to Antigua. The beautiful well manicured courtyard is the perfect place to relax from the bustle and business right outside the door. Rooms are well appointed with small but modern bathrooms...and everything is immaculate. The family owners are warm and helpful. Room 22 in the back is very quiet altho a bit dark however it opens on to another stunning and sort of private courtyard with parrots and hummingbirds fluttering around the gorgeous blooms of flowers. Breakfast was quite basic but fine for me as I just eat fruit and toast. Rooms 19-21 are the largest and a bit more luxurious. We would go back

Room tip: 22 for really quiet 19-22 for size and luxury.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2014

I stayed here in September this year for a few days and was a perfect relaxed stop off in Antigua. Very comfortable rooms, great value, great location a few minutes from the main square, simple but tasty breakfast, and best of all amazing service.

I was impressed by the friendly staff during my stay. My Spanish is very, very poor, and even though most staff spoke very good English, they were patient with my attempts to speak Spanish.

Annoyingly I also left my Apple Mac laptop charger in the room and only realised when I had left. They very kindly arranged for it to be shuttled to my hotel in Guatemala (a couple of hours away) for me to pick up, and without charge. Great service.

I would definitely stay here again if in Antigua Guatemala.

Date of stay: September 2014