“Peaceful and Pretty”
Review of Aurora Hotel

Aurora Hotel
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night at the conclusion of our mission trip. Everything couldn't have been nicer. The rooms and the gardens are beautifully maintained, and the location is perfect. While some of the reviews complained about noise, we did not experience this, though we did have to keep our window closed to the street. Our room was near the desk- no issues. The staff was very kind and accommodating. We had brought back some food after dinner, and they kindly kept it for us in the fridge until the next day. My one warning to others would be about the breakfast- continental breakfast is included with the room (fruit, bread, coffee), if you eat the pancakes and eggs, there is an extra charge.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have been staying at Aurora since 2006 with a service group and always love the experience. The location is good, the staff is wonderful, the rooms are beautiful and the garden is peaceful. My only complaint is that they are often full, when I've happened by with out a reservation!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Butiful garden lovely rooms and very clean.
thre is alot of place to seat and chill
Near the central park
Staff was helpful very nice and kind
We will be back there again
1 minute walk to the central park and 10 minutes to the market

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank matan y
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I first visited Guatemala eighteen years ago and stayed at Hotel Aurora with my wife and my daughter who was serving in Guatemala as a Peace Corps volunteer. We were all impressed by the overall quality of the establishment from the standpoint of comfort, friendliness of staff, security and value. I have returned many times since then and always stay at Hotel Aurora if Antigua is on my itinerary.
WAyne Hess
lapedreraschoolproject.com

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ZorroPlatiado
Reviewed July 17, 2013

They were very accommodating. We stayed for a very short period of time and left a five a.m. The night stay were willing to get up to let us know our taxi had arrived. The beds are amazing and extremely comfortable. Hot showers, cable television, good location. My only complaint is the Internet. It was extremely weak and only worked if I was directly at the door. Maybe if I had asked the staff to reset it, it might have worked. Otherwise for the price its great

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here two nights. It was perfect. The staff was hospitable, the room large and clean, the courtyard pretty, location perfect, breakfast ok. Although their English is probably great, they respected my wish to speak only Spanish. I would easily stay again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff are nice. The garden is pretty. The breakfast free but if you order more they charge extra- fair enough but I thought fried eggs disproportionately expensive for Guatemala-maybe they came from aristocratic hens. To get enough air you have to open the upper louvres. Sadly for us some rather rude non-Hispanic guests camped on the sofa just outside our window smoking cigarettes, going on their wifi and noisily talking in English. The smoke came into the room with that unpleasant tobacco smell that we non-smokers find unbearable. My wife and I could not even talk to each other; since we heard every word clearly, obviously they would be able to hear us -absolutely NO PRIVACY in that regard. It made the 2 night stay exceedingly unpleasant. I respectfully, humbly and as deferentially as possible, suggest that management put notices in the courtyard to advise people to respect the privacy and comfort of other guests. It was unbearable for us- that is if it is OK for us to have this opinion. I believe the hotel is very over rated by some people. But they have a right to their opinion as we all have. It is called free speech; you may also be free to disturb others with your free speech- but it is inconsiderate to do so when within feet of paying guests in their own room whom one would think have a right to a reasonable amount of privacy?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple