Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cirilo(Antigua)
Hotel Panchoy(Antigua)
1,524 results
All reviewssanto domingochocolate factoryhotel museumbeautiful hotelstar hotelmodern artgrounds are amazingsmall balconyhotel guestsbreakfast buffetevery cornerstandard roombottled watermagical placecentral americaguatemala cityan oasis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hello !! I highly recomend Casa Santo Domingo at Antigua Guatemala A++++!!!
I was there about a month ago and can tell this is one of the most beautiful places to stay, eat and in overall enjoy!
the service was super cordial, people were very respectul and friendly, restaurant was amazing and the building structure is gorgeous . I am definitely coming back !!
Muchas felicidades para la Casa Santo Domingo sigan manteniendo la calidad del servicio !!
Milena B

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were married here with 52 guests and most of them stayed at the hotel. This place is a wedding factory and it's a beautiful setting so I can see why. I loved it all BUT I have some complaints...if not for these the setting and food gets 5 stars.
Wedding: They sent me a step by step in advance and then night of completely ignored all of the changes I had made. I made these changes 3 weeks prior to the wedding so their was no excuse. Small but important things like they didn't serve the hors d'oevres at 4:30 as specified and I had to go ask them twice to bring them out. Finally at 5:30 pm they appeared. The service was slow and oddly staggered (this also happened for a couple meals before the wedding). I was done with my 1st course before my mother even got hers and hers was cold. They also didn't have all of the liquor I asked for. They also insisted on charging us for a bottle of wine that was corked.
Rooms: Are great and have great water pressure. BUT...They also released all of the rooms we had on hold without our consent and were not helpful when we got mad. What's worse is that when we arrived they put my then fiance and I in a room with 2 double beds. When I asked if we could switch they said no and that it was our fault because we had agreed to stay in them. I looked back at the emails, they were wrong. They clearly say one room double occupancy, nothing about two beds. I gave up because we were moving to the suite before the wedding.
Spa: If you have other options I would take them because this is not the best place. It was $40 for a basic manicure and $40 for a basic pedicure plus my manicure was completely chipped by the next day. Not only is this pricey for Antigua...the spa is tiny and chairs are not comfortable.
All of this being said I will return to stay next time I am in Antigua and if I had to do the whole thing again would still do it with them. The food was good and the staff super attentive but I had to be honest about the issues.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
David B, Director Comercial at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments through Trip Advisor, we only regret not having known opportunely about them in order to fix them.
F&B services where programmed as indicated in the approved instructions you sent. The delay with the hors d'ouveres service was due to your Mothers last minute indications. As you might remember, beverages where also requested last minute.
Prior to making a wedding room block in our system, we inform our Clients of the procedures and this way avoid misunderstandings. You may check the info. sent and understand why we can't keep a room block without guarantee for so long. Also, when we received your personal request, all rooms with a king size bed were taken by your same party (you may also check the reservation slip we forwarded indicating that the room confirmed had 2 full size beds.)
Our Spa is actually a "Training Center", the new Spa is under construction and we are working to improve the facilities and equipment to make it a complete spa experience - we will proceed to reimburse the amount charged (US$80.00) and regret you didn't receive the service expected. We also recently changed the lacquers to a better brand to avoid having this type of inconvenience.
Thank you for staying at CSD, we hope to have the opportunity of serving you in a near future...

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Although I did not have a room with a view, all I needed to do was step outside to experience the luxurious beauty of Casa Santo Domingo. The room itself was large as was the bathroom. Service was top-notch. I enjoyed all meals at the restaurant. But mostly I enjoyed wandering the grounds of this special hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet location and got it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

From the moment I stepped into this hotel, I was taken aback by it's unparallelled beauty and ambiance. The halls are lined with lush plants and flowers.. lit by candlelight.. and haunted by the echos of the beautiful songs of monks or opera playing throughout the property. They have done such a masterful job of weaving the monastery's ruins in with the hotel. You can't help but walk slowly to take it all in. And there is so much to enjoy and explore here. It's a destination in and of itself. Take the time to walk through all the museums. And for a real treat, go and explore the ruins at night. They are dimly lit but beautiful in that light. Plus, you'll have the place all to yourself (other than the beautiful music playing). The rooms have all the amenities (except A/C but you don't really need it) and the hotel takes cleanliness very seriously. They even warn you that they inspect the rooms with ultraviolet light. The pool was beautiful, especially at night. You will not be disappointed at this hotel. One a word of caution, the beds are quite firm but not horrible. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have a balcony that faces the outside wall. There is a lot of vehicle noise because it's on the main street into the town.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather K
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ok, this is easily one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever seen. I've stayed in many hotels, including several high-end, luxury hotels, but it's rare to see a hotel like this, with such beautiful grounds, great history on the premises, and such interesting things to see. Note: you don't have to stay at the hotel to take a look at the gorgeous grounds and interesting things to see. It's open to the public and, if you're in Antigua, it's worth checking out.

Since everyone has done a pretty good job talking about the rooms and such, I thought I'd just point out more of the cool things on the grounds. There are actually ruins on the property -- not amazing but really cool when you think there is history right on the hotel property. There are also tons of bright, colorful flowers and green to look at. So nice on a sunny day.

Don't forget to check out some of the quirkier parts of the hotel: marionettes and amazing carved statues as decor and this amazing fabrica where the hotels candles and marionettes are actually made. The fabrica was one of my favorite places -- imagine seeing a bunch of marionette and marionette bits hanging about, as well as actually seeing first-hand how the hotels lovely colored/shaped candles are made.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo