“nice bar” 4 of 5 bubbles

Monoloco
Ranked #49 of 344 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub, American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: sports bar and restaurant
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“nice bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

nice spot in Antigua. Well kept bar, food and drinks. There is a travel agency on site. As well as a shop with souvenirs. Is located in Antigua city center.

Visited January 2014

• Korean first
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Good american bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Monoloco is a great place for a huge burger and some beers. I was there on happy hour, and ordered the premium choice of two drinks for Q50, the food is soo big and taste good. The waiter knew his menu very well and was very kind.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Its true...Nachos as big as your head”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Big portions of nachos. Esaily feeds 4 people.
Service is good and the prices are good value.

Fun ambiance especially for sporting events like the
olympics!

Antigua, Guatemala
“Over Priced & Over Rated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have been to Monoloco on several different occasions but this last time is my last. If you have a lot of money to spend, here is a good place. I wandered in and saw some familiar faces from Panajachel so we sat at the bar for beers. When I asked the bartender how much they were, he said 22 q's. All over town you can get beers for 13 q so if you want to pay 9 more, go ahead.

Being on my travel budget, I see a guy with a liter so I asked how much again and was told 40 Q, so I got one. Not sure about your math but nine says 62 Q? When I got my tab, it was 80 Q so I asked the bartender why? he says "Oh, they must of raised the prices".

Last time I will ever go to Monoloco and a well deserved name.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lennyz1
Billy1008, General Manager at Monoloco, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank You for your review, Lenny. We apologize for the confusion over the prices at our Bar/Restaurant. Our prices are clearly written on our menus, as well as on chalkboards, table top publicity, and on top of the bars. If our bartender was ill informed, we will work to improve upon that.

As for our pricing, we offer daily and nightly specials, including, as of this writing, 2 Brahva Extra for Q30 from 5-8 Monday through Friday, Cubetazos of 5 beers for 99 Q all day everyday, 2 Litros of Brahva or Brahva Extra for Q75 all day everyday, and a Premium Happy Hour from 5-8 on premium brands.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Home Sweet Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Sure there are lots of exotic restaurants throughout this beautiful city, but sometimes your arteries scream for fried food and beers only an American style sports bar can satisfy. I personally recommend the Tropical Burger and onion rings. TVs everywhere and great sports fans wearing their team jerseys.

Visited January 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback! See you again soon at the Mono!