“Very Mediocre”

Cuisines: Central American
virginia
“Very Mediocre”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had passed this little place many times and finally ate a 20 Q breakfast there. While the price was right, the food was not. In a town full of wonderful coffee places, their coffee is swill: very weak and probably instant. My eggs were cooked okay, but the plantains were so tough that I could barely cut them. The refried beans and ever present white cheese were fine.

Hmm, cross this place off my list.

• Visited August 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food poisoning”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice family run place, friendly staff, food was good value and decent quality. BUT gave me terrible food poisoning, so hygiene isn't what it should be. I'd been in Guatemala a week and eaten in more questionable looking eateries, and I'm not someone with a sensitive stomach.

My wife had the set lunch menu, which obviously was more freshly made than my Plato Typico. 3-4 hours later I was spouting from both ends of my digestive tract. It could only have been what I ate at this place.

Visited May 2013