“Perfect Place to Stay In Antigua”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Taanah Guest House Antigua
Ranked #26 of 102 Specialty Lodging in Antigua
Seattle, Washington
“Perfect Place to Stay In Antigua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I spent a week with Evelyn and Fernando when we first arrived in Antigua. Our room was large, clean, and quiet, and offered a great view of the volcano south of town. The location is about four blocks north of the central plaza. It's a very short walk to anything you need, and is just one block east of the main restaurant/shopping street (fifth Avenida) in Antigua. Fernando and Evelyn are both quite fluent in English. They went well beyond the call of duty in helping us find an apartment to rent for a longer stay, including contacting a real estate agent and coming to look at places with us. Breakfast is included in the room cost and you can use their kitchen if you want to cook for yourself. We could not have asked for a better place to start our stay in Guatemala.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Antigua, Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Can we please give Evelyn and Fernando 10 STARS!? They deserve it.

My husband Scott and I recently stayed at Casa Taanah for a week and were very impressed with the accomodations. Our room was scrupulously clean, comfortable and spacious with plenty of storage and a large bathroom.

Scott and I have traveled around the world, and stayed in many different types of accomodations, and we both feel that Evelyn and Fernando are VERY special people - kind, friendly, willing to help, and make guests feel very welcome. Both E&F are former DHL employees so they understand customer service, and speak fluent English. The first night of our stay we all went to dinner (E&F and other guests) at a very unique restaurant called Por Que no? We had a great time at a place that I'm sure Scott and I would not have found on our own. Oh, and Evelyn's breakfasts are delicious!

We are planning to move to Antigua soon and E&F went out of their way to answer our many questions and provide resources that will make our move easier. If you are an animal lover, and let their cat Huisquilito know it, he will charm you to no end; however, if you don't like cats Huisquilito is smart enough to mind his own business. The house is very conveniently located too. We are SO happy that we found Casa Taanah and are sure that you will be, too.

Room Tip: I believe all four of the guest rooms are the same.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Not only the place is nice, clean and in an excellent location, but our host Fernando was also very helpful and caring to ensure our stay was the best possible in La Antigua. I will definitely go back for a longer stay since this was a short weekend trip, and I will highly recommend it to anyone looking for a personalized attention and excellent customer service

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Taanah guest house is the place to stay when traveling to Antigua!! It has a great location; it's close enough to all the main attractions and in an area that is quiet and peaceful. The rooms are also very spacious and super clean. Evelyn and Fernando are also the nicest people!! They know so much about the city and are so enjoyable to be around. They really made me feel as though I was in my own home! I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

My experience here was great! Evelyn has relocated to this fabulous new location, very close to the old one, and it has so much character (nice Spanish style architecture). The rooms are spacious and well kept with private bathrooms in every room. I shared a two-bed room with my friend and it never felt cramped- perfect amount of space. Noise was never an issue as the street is out of the way of traffic and is very close to the Cross, which you can hike up early in the morning (so peaceful!). Evelyn makes breakfast in the morning which is a treat seeing as though she is a such a good cook. I really can't say enough good things about this place and will certainly recommend it to all my friends and, if I am ever back in Antigua, will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem great, but I think the private rooms have a great view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had an amazing time in Antigua! Especially the time we spent at Taanah guest house with Evelyn!! She is such a sweet person, great cook and ended up being a great friend too! Her place is CLEAN, comfortable, and VERY affordable. This is one of the best places we stayed in all of Guatemala! We can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I loved my second home. Traveling alone I wanted a comfort and safe place for the first week of my trip until I got my barrings. I planned on only staying a week and then moving to a host family but I stayed for almost 3 months! Evelyan goes above and beyond being hospitable. She makes wonderful food and lets you cook also. The place is so clean and quite. There are some wonderful pets to keep you company, kitten and a small dog. The location is a short walk away from everything, only 2 blocks from the Arch. She is more than willing to help you find a bank; translate at the market, and even drive you to the hospital if you are ill. It felt like a second home. I would highly recommend this place to solo travelers studying spanish ; that don't want the bunk bed hostel experience but something more comfortable. Or to couples that are wanting a nice peaceful place to stay. And to older retired travelers that need the comforts of a hot shower and comfortable bed. They also offers airport pick-up, the driver is Fernando, he speaks wonderful english and is great person to meet as well. It is worth the price.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo