“Kinda have to go, it's too much fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ChocoMuseo

and up
Antigua Market Cooking Class and Choco Museum in Antigua
Ranked #4 of 80 things to do in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Cacao and chocolate museum in Antigua, Guatemala. Learn about the history of cacao, the cacao tree and cacao in Guatemala. ChocoMuseo has its own artisanal chocolate factory which makes chocolate from organic Guatemalan cacao beans. ChocoMuseo also offers chocolate workshops to make your own chocolate. A unique experience for the whole family.
Toronto, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Kinda have to go, it's too much fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was a little apprehensive going alone with a group of families I didn't know but I was happily surprised. Of all the attractions in Antigua, this one was the most fun for me. I'm a regular visitor to Antigua and have done pretty much everything, always on my own, which can be awkward at times. The ChocoMuseo, was so well reviewed that I had to give it a try. We were a group of about 10. The group was a mix of two families and me and we had fun interacting with the charismatic chef kept us all rapt by his fascinating and involving history and tasting of chocolate. I loved one of the chocolate mixtures out of the many we tried throughout the class. Our chef secretly gave me the extra that was left over and it was really sweet in more ways than one! This is a "DO" for Antigua, it's just fun!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bonn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great new knowledge about chocolate, great stores.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Yo get to know a lot of new facts how important chololate was for the Mayas. Around the museum you can find wonderful stores. Not too expensive.

Antigua, Guatemala
“Wonderful and energetic history of chocolate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

An absolute must for anyone who comes to Antigua. Pablo, a very fun and enthusiastic chocolatier, took us through from 4000BC to Mr Nestle. Along with the fascinating history we roasted, ground, mixed, drank, and eat our own chocolate. 100% brilliant. Thank you Pablo and the ChocoMuseo team.

Santa Rosa, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If ya like chocolate.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Sweet little museum with yummy gifts to purchase! My daughter had gotten me the chocolate hand cream- yummy with NO calories. Cute courtyard & shops if you go through the cafe.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best chocolate workshop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I learned so much! It is perfect for everyone: young, old, kids, families. Even if you don't like chocolate - you will learn a lot and probably find the cacao beverages of the different cultures tasty! Pablo was the best instructor. Plus - you get to take homemade chocolate home!

1 Thank TimiSegen