“One of the best city tours I've been on”

Antigua Tours, Travel & Hotels by Elizabeth Bell - Day Tours
Ranked #12 of 55 Tours in Antigua
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I did the Antigua city tour with Manuel and it was excellent. Manuel speaks perfect English and is very knowledgeable and passionate about his city. We visited the house of local government, the cathedral, the jade museum, and Santo Domingo. He knows Central American history backwards and forwards and was able to answer all of our questions. Well worth the $20.

2  Thank Kate M
Antigua_Tours_Office, Front Office Manager at Antigua Tours, Travel & Hotels by Elizabeth Bell - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Great to hear you have enjoyed our tour ! Manuel is one of our great hand-picked guides.
Thanks for your comment and hope to see you again in Antigua Guatemala.

There are newer reviews for Antigua Tours, Travel & Hotels by Elizabeth Bell - Day Tours

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I booked a private tour with Manuel, as we just walked in and did not have time to wait for the scheduled group tours. The tour was about 4 hours, and we hit some of the highlights of Antigua. I particularly liked the cathedral ruins, Manuel had so much historical which really helped me understand what I was looking at. He had answers to all my questions, was very knowledgeable, and patient with us when we took forever shopping after the Jade museum. I would highly recommend Manuel. I think the only thing would be to include more sites that are not so much on the beaten path. Many of the places we went where easy to find and I could have done on my own as they had free guides there, such as the Jade museum. However, for the cathedral having a guide was great. I would definitely recommend this tour if you enjoy getting to know the history of the places you visit. It was fascinating.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We did the walking tour of Antigua with Elizabeth and it was well worth it. You get so much information from the lady herself who has over 40 years experience. While the tour was not specifically aimed at kids they still had a blast climbing ruins and running amok. I may have missed bits and pieces as I cautioned them from running onto the road and warned them away from several pieces of expensive jade, but they were mostly entertained through the whole tour.

If you want a good dose of history and ancient lessons on the secrets of the beautiful town of Antigua, book with Elizabeth, she is in the know and on the ball. More pictures and information on the whole tour on our blog.

1  Thank Travel_with_Bender
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This tour only cost $20 American dollars and was at least 3 hours long. The tour included entry to many sights and was a great welcome to the city. It consisted of a small group, included a great tour, lots of history, a rest break and soda, and a GREAT tour guide. Ms. Bell is extremely knowledgeable about Antigua without being boring!!

1  Thank scrapgirl77
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've read a number of very postiive reviews about Elizabeth Bell Tours so when I needed to arrange a shuttle from Antigua to the airport in Guatemala City, it seemed the right place to go. Wrong.
I was told I'd be picked up at 9:00 AM and to be waiting 15 min early. Long story short...1 hr later I was still waiting. A call to the EB office and I was told they'd be there shortly. Fifteen minutes later still no shuttle. Another call and I was told the road was closed to my pick up spot and the driver couldn't get through to which I replied that the other end of the road was open and cars were coming and going constantly. Too late, they told me....the shuttle already left for the Airport....BUT, if I haul all my stuff to the other end of the construction site they would send another company's shuttle to get me. Rediculous.
I DID make my flight but it was an experience I hope never to repeat.

4  Thank John N

Travelers who viewed Antigua Tours, Travel & Hotels by Elizabeth Bell - Day Tours also viewed

Antigua, Sacatepequez Department

Been to Antigua Tours, Travel & Hotels by Elizabeth Bell - Day Tours? Share your experiences!