“Best Steak Dinner in My Life”

Bar y Restaurante El Arco
Ranked #141 of 355 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Latin, Central American, American, Seafood, International, Spanish, Guatemalan, South American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Our restaurant offers dining in a 400 year old historical convent at the most famous historical site in Antigua Guatemala, The Arch. We are famous for out steak prepared on our open wood fired grill. We also have a large selection of Guatemalan typical dishes and several International dishes. Our restaurant overlooks our beautiful central garden and fountain. Good quality food in a nice enviroment in a privileged location. We can seat groups up to 100.
Panama City, Panama
“Best Steak Dinner in My Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is an older review from a year ago. I ordered the combo steak dinner which included a sirloin and fillet mignon cut each about 6oz. It was served with a soup starter, corn on the cob, baked potato, fresh tortillas, and a grilled green onion. The dish came out fast within 10 minutes and everything was cooked to perfection. Every bite of each steak had the perfect texture and flavor. I mean perfect spot on. I've eaten many steak dinners in my lifetime in the best restaurants, but this meal was the best steak I've had to date and it cost only $12... Insane! I haven't been back on my recent trip so maybe the price went up or they no longer have this combo dish, but I will go back next time when I am in the mood for steak.

Visited August 2011