“Good Italian food and ambiance”

El Cazador Italiano
Ranked #30 of 396 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ate here three times during our short trip to Antigua, each time was very good. They make very good authentic Italian food, I was very pleased to find a menu that was full of great dishes, you would find in Italy, cooked authenically Italian, not a version of an American Italian restaurant... The service was great, and the owners personable. I am sure to go back on my next trip to Antigua.

1  Thank Trisha S

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm not kidding, this is the best in size and in taste, with very varied flavors and ingredients.
The prices are nice, the service is great and the place is beautiful. I recommend the vegetarian pizzas and the one with prosciutto. Believe me, I've tasted all the pizzas in this country and this beats them all!
This is a great place to visit with your boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife.

---

No estoy bromeando, son las mejores en sabor y tamaño, con variedad de sabores e ingredientes. Los precios son buenos, el servicio es excelente y el lugar es bello. Recomiendo las pizzas vegetarianas y la que trae prosciutto (jamón serrano). Créanme, he probado todas las pizzas en este país y esta le gana a todas. Un gran lugar para ir a disfrutar en pareja.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We walked by this restaurant several times during the day, dismissing it as too dark. With all the al fresco dining options in Antigua, we wanted to eat somewhere with more light. However, I thought it might have more ambiance at night, so we decided to give it a try. So glad we did, because you cannot see 3/4 of this restaurant from the street, and what a treat it is, day or night.

You enter into the bar, then the next room is the inside main dining area, a good option, especially on a chilly evening. And then there is an intimate patio area, with several tables, most with umbrellas (if you go during the day), and candles at night. It is walled in, which is why we didn't know it was there previously, with lovely foilage trailing all over the walls and little white lights (very romantic).

Their wine list is very small and very expensive - we saw some for $1200 up to $3000 Q!! The cheapest bottle was $400Q. Since we knew that was way over the norm for the area, we decided to pass on the wine. Instead, I had a perfectly made vodka martini ($55Q), which isn't something I take lightly, since a lot of bartenders mess this drink up. My fiance had a gin and tonic.

For dinner, we shared a Mixta salad ($35Q), and it was fresh and tasted great (various lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions). I had a personal size pizza with salami, cheese and mushrooms (approx $95Q). It was unbelievably tasty. The crust is super thin, just how I like it, and they are very liberal with the toppings. My fiance's steak tagliatelle was very well prepared and the perfect size portion.

The only glitch we had in service was after the waiter presented us with the bill, he decided to leave us sitting there for about 10 minutes while he cleared and reset a table. We had to finally get up and go to the front to pay. But otherwise, service was impeccable and speedy.

I would highly recommend this restaurant, day or night, as somewhere you can go to get excellent food, nice atmosphere, and good drinks. Just bring some serious cash if you want vino, however.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The pizza in Antigua isn't very good. Having tried numerous places, El Cazador Italiano was the best that I found. Not great, but the best Antigua has to offer.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have been customers and huge fans of this restaurant since it opened. It is our number one restaurant to bring friends and family for a great meal. Chef Luciano is very creative and the menu offers a large variety of great food and specials. They have the best pizza in town and the service is always attentive and you are made to feel like family.