“Best Italian Food in Guatemala”

El Cazador Italiano
Ranked #28 of 370 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Best Italian Food in Guatemala”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

A true Italian chef, Luciano can be heard singing in the kitchen, in native tongue. He continues to turn out creations to peak your taste buds. We have been regular customers for three years and cannot suggest a better restaurant here or in the United States. Prices are competitive with other first rate places. So if your on the cheap eat Luciano's pizza, it is wonderful.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank fairwayfrank

toronto
“Great pizza And more”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is definitely one of the best (Italian restaurants) in Antigua. It is a bit hidden behind the cathedral but absolutely worth the search. We had the tomatoes and mozzarella which was superb followed by a pizza. All very good in a nice atmosphere.
They could do with another washroom.

• Visited November 2012
chattanooga tn
“I keep going back...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

and I'm never disappointed at El Cazador. The space is not large, and the upstairs is divided into two rooms so it is a little cozier than some other dining options in Antigua. The night I had dinner there the crowd was mostly young Guatemalan couples sharing the thin crust pizzas. The rest of the menu is entirely Italian fare, pastas, gnocchi, and, I think, risotto.
I had sweet potato gnocchi served with lamb sauce studded with chevre. As one reviewer previously noted, the gnocchi has a very soft consistency. I liked it; she didn't. The portion was sufficient, the sauce richly flavored, but, carnivores beware, there was not a lot of lamb in the dish. The lack of lamb was more than made up for by the generous scoops of Chevre. To obtain a textural contrast I tried a side of sauteed green beans. They were sublime--sweet and crispy tender. I wished I had grown them in my own garden.
Seems to be GLBT friendly.

• Visited October 2012
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Great fresh food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Try the gnocchi!!! Super salads, perfect pizza, good service, really nice ambiance. Every time we're in Antigua we go to eat here - and we're a family of VERY picky eaters!

• Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very expensive”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was the most expensive meal we had here and the quality was no different. I felt like the owner didn't want to socialize with anyone. The gnocchi was very mushy, like rolled up mashed potatoes. The pasta was good, but not for the prices. The waiter was kind and helpful and attentive. I didn't walk out of there saying Wow, great food. I walked out saying wow, way too expensive for that! There are many other choices that are better and more reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2012