“Really Good”

Ranked #32 of 370 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French Bistro few meter from central park. We are very famous for ours gourmet sandwiches, pastas and salads. We have also tradicional french dishes, without forget ours numerous delicatessen products as imported ham and cheese, dessert, pates and rillettes... A place to visit for the food lovers. Always at the best price
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Really Good”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I returned to Antigua specifically to have lunch at Metiz. We ordered one of the plates to share and a sandwich. The shared dish was very good. The smoothness of the pate could have been a bit better, but overall everything was quite delicious. We particularly enjoyed the caramelized onions. When I first looked at the sandwich we were going to share I expect disappointment. It was not overstuffed and, if anything, looked a bit squished. My first mouthful took care of that, it was delicious. Coupled with my favorite juice, maracuya, this made for a delightful lunch. We will be happy to return again.

• Visited May 2014

Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
“Yummy treats, easy to find”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

As a vegetarian sometimes eating in Antigua is challenged. they make a great hummus and I always buy the TOTALLY AMAZING FRESH soft goat cheese to take home
Worth a visit for lunch and beware of the baked goods…tempting!

Visited May 2014
Gaborone, Botswana
“You have to try the maracuya!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were in Antigua in February and went to Metiz per the recommendation of our B&B (the owner is French and said that this is some of the best French food he's had outside of France). We were so glad we did. We started with the maracuya (passion fruit) refresco and by the end of our trip, returned to Metiz mostly for the maracuya but very closely followed by the sandwiches. We tried 3 of the sandwiches and our favorite was the one with 3 types of cold cuts (the Italian maybe?) probably followed by the feta. The chocolate mousse was good and served with almonds, maracuya and a berry sauce which we ordered by recommendation of our B&B. The restaurant is cute and we loved the way they presented the food. We definitely recommend it!

• Visited February 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Somewhat surprised about the high ranking”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Ate here this evening, and I certainly would rate it as no. 1 in Antigua. This is really misleading. It was an average deli with an OK, if not too salty salmon pasta. Certainly the most I have paid all week and not really what I would call value for money. There is definitely much better in Antigua.

Visited May 2014
metizdelicatessen, Propietario at Metiz Bistro Frances, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thanks for your review.. hopefully i get to you twice to ask if everything was fine.. When someone told me everything is good, do I have to understand that everything is average? So sad not telling us in person and better go in internet... so sad world...
Panama City, Panama
“Outstanding Gourmet Sandwich!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

It was my first time at Metiz and I was skeptical that a sandwich could garner so much praise. I ordered the Clasico and it came with a side salad with balsamic dressing. The sandwich was superb. The flavors melded perfectly. I could not believe a sandwich could taste so divine. Now I am a believer. If you want a true gourmet sandwich then go to Metiz. They serve many other items and I will be back for more.

• Visited May 2014