“Great Sandwiches, Great Pesto Sauce.”

Metiz Delicatessen y Bistro
Ranked #29 of 360 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: French Bistro few meter from central park. We are very famous for ours gourmet sandwiches, pastas and salads. We have also tradicional french dishes, without forget ours numerous delicatessen products as imported ham and cheese, dessert, pates and rillettes... A place to visit for the food lovers. Always at the best price
krakow
“Great Sandwiches, Great Pesto Sauce.”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Really delicious!! I ate there often. Always excellent!!
The sandwiches and even burgers were top notch.

Visited December 2013

San Diego, California
“Good, WHEN THEY ARE OPEN!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had to try *four* times - they simply are not open in accordance with their own web site posted days and times. *And* TripAdvisor refused to publish such valuable information because I hadn't actually been able to eat there yet! Good croissant, good salad, but then the unpriced piece of Emmentaler chunk of cheese which I purchased turned out to cost almost as much as my dinner. Will I go back? probably not, you never know whether they will actually be open or not! Besides there are *much* better places scattered around town.
World Traveler - 120 countries

• Visited April 2014
metizdelicatessen, Propietario at Metiz Delicatessen y Bistro, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
THanks for your false comment again, I would like to comment that you lie twice this time... 1) It s not possible for you to come 3 times and we were not open. We just closed one day and two hours to give some rest to my crew who worked very hard during holy week (maybe surprising for you but we take care about our employees). 2) We give the check to all our client on all the buying from the store, so if the product is to expensive it is not compulsory for you to pay, otherwise every food we serve are priced in the menu, so when you said "unpriced" emmental, you lie again mister. I just see someone who want to affect the reputation of a business, get a life mister... I sent you a message to invite you to come and explain to us directly why you are such a mean person and so angry about us... What kind of life you are living to actually pass your time criticizing the work of other, not a great one i suppose. Hope not to see you again (if you came? no proof of that)
“Everything was sooo good!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We came here to have lunch in our anniversary and couldn't be better.
The place is nice and cozy. Nice european music and Paris style decoration.
The food tastes yummi, they have good selection of wines. We had carpaccio as entrie, veggy sandwich and salmon sandwich. For dessert he had the opera cake (black chocolate, coffe and nuts with a well prepared capuccino coffe.
The servise was good.
Since we came for lunch at thursday it was calm enough so we could have a nice after lunch conversation and even did some reading.
Totally recommended :)

Downey, California
“An okay sandwich place.!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I decided to give this place a try since it's rated #1 in Antigua but honestly it wasn't the best for me.!! I ordered the classic sandwich and didn't like it much. The coffee I ordered was not hot even after I asked the waiter to warm it up twice.. I guess I should have tried something else but overall it's an okay place not something I would recommend.

metizdelicatessen, Propriétaire at Metiz Delicatessen y Bistro, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
thanks for your review... You should ask to trip advisor why we are number one.. We just do the best job we can, the rate is out of our control, sorry.. We have coffee machine set for profesional use, it means that coffee is extracted to 86°C, so more or less 65°C in a cup... If you take coffe with milk it get down a little bit... Put coffee in a microwave is the best way to spoil it, if you ask for it we do it just a little bit... but the criter for you was the temperature, next time you get it boiled, no problem... Sorry for your sandwich, normally this is the one people love most, but i am sure you shared your opinion with me directly before going quickly in trip advisor and make a bad opinion of us... I hope someday exists a customers advisor.. I think we do not fit to your taste.. On peut pas plaire a tout le monde.. It was a pleasure anyway to attend you
Alexandria, VA
“Good, quick lunch stop”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Would definitely recommend Metiz if you are looking for a quick lunch bite. The sandwiches we had were very good and the service was quick. This would also be a good stop if you are looking grab some food for a picnic or something similar.

• Visited April 2014
metizdelicatessen, Propietario at Metiz Delicatessen y Bistro, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
thanks for your review... so to make a long story short... everything was fine, you definitively recommend us, but you give only 3 stars... nice...