“Fabulous Salads” 5 of 5 bubbles

Metiz Delicatessen y Bistro
Ranked #27 of 344 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: French Bistro few meter from central park. We are very famous for ours gourmet sandwiches, pastas and salads. We have also tradicional french dishes, without forget ours numerous delicatessen products as imported ham and cheese, dessert, pates and rillettes... A place to visit for the food lovers. Always at the best price
Des Moines, Iowa
“Fabulous Salads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We ate a late breakfast so needed a light lunch. Stopped in here and split a salad with great fresh ingredients including several kinds of greens, goat cheese, nuts, fresh and sundried tomatoes. The salad was so big it was easily enough for two people. Now we had intended a light lunch but after seeing the desserts in the case here we just had to have one. The quarto chocolate dessert is reason enough to stop here. Service very good.

Visited December 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was meant to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I got to the restaurant purilly by chance since I just arriver to Antigua and I was starving, I was walking down the colonial streets of Antigua hunting for a mid- range cost/great food meal and thats when I first laid my eyes on it, when I saw they sell sandwiches I pointed the place to wife ( I really enjoy sandwiches) But she refused to go, but then, she had a second thought a turned back to head towards to one of our best sandwiches I we ever had; depending on the ones you ask for, that is how big they are, but nonetheless their taste goes beyond my expectation, I can blindly say that it's my best sandwich experience (I had pasta a well and did not get disappointed at all)as a matter of fact in my two nights stayed in Antigua a went twice to the same place and did not regret it all. If anything I could only wish they were bigger (the ones I orderer were kinda small) but there is nothing that can be fixee with a good appetizer.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AlejandroVelasquez
California
“Well presented delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

The place is small with few tables but not close together. It is spotless. Food is well presented and service good. Some say that this is an inexpensive restaurant. I beg to differ. I found the prices on the high side but I believe that it is for the traveler who expects a more First World Food Experience. The only downsize and it is just an opinion, is the decor. I never felt I was in Paris. And I am not into the French decor unless it is rustic and with old charm. But that is not important in eating out.

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Best meals I had in Antigua, Guatemala”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I loved this place so much I came back a second time while in Guatemala! Don't let the "deli" name fool you, it is more of a tiny little bistro with French inspiration (sadly, I never got to try the tasty-looking desserts on display). For my first visit, I stopped by for a croque madame and glass of wine. The service was fast, the sandwich was nicely-made and neatly presented with a bowl of salad and vinaigrette to the side. I came back for a light breakfast a few days later, just a ham and cheese croissant and cappuccino and I was very happy both times. The prices were extremely reasonable and it is not touristy either!

Panama
“Great sandwich. Only place I know where there is good bread.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

The sandwich was very tasty with herbs. The service was good. I was surprised to be impressed with just a sandwich. It comes with salad which was good and I didn't get sick, but I am a little nervous about eating lettuce in most restaurants in the country. I would definiately go back to Metiz. Service was excellent.

• 3 of 5 bubbles