“It was meant to be”

Metiz Bistro Frances
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Now in Guatemala City, this is the new place for tasting real traditional french food. Duck confit, tartare de boeuf, lamb tenderloin, everything is done to taste like in france. Bon appetit
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I got to the restaurant purilly by chance since I just arriver to Antigua and I was starving, I was walking down the colonial streets of Antigua hunting for a mid- range cost/great food meal and thats when I first laid my eyes on it, when I saw they sell sandwiches I pointed the place to wife ( I really enjoy sandwiches) But she refused to go, but then, she had a second thought a turned back to head towards to one of our best sandwiches I we ever had; depending on the ones you ask for, that is how big they are, but nonetheless their taste goes beyond my expectation, I can blindly say that it's my best sandwich experience (I had pasta a well and did not get disappointed at all)as a matter of fact in my two nights stayed in Antigua a went twice to the same place and did not regret it all. If anything I could only wish they were bigger (the ones I orderer were kinda small) but there is nothing that can be fixee with a good appetizer.

1  Thank AlejandroVelasquez

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The place is small with few tables but not close together. It is spotless. Food is well presented and service good. Some say that this is an inexpensive restaurant. I beg to differ. I found the prices on the high side but I believe that it is for the traveler who expects a more First World Food Experience. The only downsize and it is just an opinion, is the decor. I never felt I was in Paris. And I am not into the French decor unless it is rustic and with old charm. But that is not important in eating out.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I loved this place so much I came back a second time while in Guatemala! Don't let the "deli" name fool you, it is more of a tiny little bistro with French inspiration (sadly, I never got to try the tasty-looking desserts on display). For my first visit, I stopped by for a croque madame and glass of wine. The service was fast, the sandwich was nicely-made and neatly presented with a bowl of salad and vinaigrette to the side. I came back for a light breakfast a few days later, just a ham and cheese croissant and cappuccino and I was very happy both times. The prices were extremely reasonable and it is not touristy either!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The sandwich was very tasty with herbs. The service was good. I was surprised to be impressed with just a sandwich. It comes with salad which was good and I didn't get sick, but I am a little nervous about eating lettuce in most restaurants in the country. I would definiately go back to Metiz. Service was excellent.

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Most fabulous burger with this awesome sauce! I was so full but could not leave a bite! And the deli meats and cheeses... An Antigua gem-among others. Reasonable and our tiny pup was allowed in as an exception. Merci et gracias