“Wonderful small restaurant”

Ranked #33 of 376 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French Bistro few meter from central park. We are very famous for ours gourmet sandwiches, pastas and salads. We have also tradicional french dishes, without forget ours numerous delicatessen products as imported ham and cheese, dessert, pates and rillettes... A place to visit for the food lovers. Always at the best price
Leland, North Carolina
“Wonderful small restaurant”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had lunch at this restaurant three times during our six day stay in Antigua. The wait staff were pleasant and very attentive. This restaurant had some of the food we had during our stay. The sandwiches were absolutely delicious. We also tried one of their salads which was huge and very tasty. The desserts were also terrific. This is the place to go in Antigua for great food at a reasonable price.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mickey H

Central America
“great value, fresh, tasty, generous portions!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

try their sandwiches! recommended to us by a chef who runs her own restaurant in antigua! the burgersandwich is big enough for two light eaters, made with tenderloin ground on the premises, according to a friend who loves burgers, in the top five burgers in guatemala.

good value: a nice ham and cheese croissant (made with good ham) comes with a salad (lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes) for Q30, much healthier than a Q30 burger at MacD!

wine and beer prices are very reasonable. for dessert: macaroons, meringues, coffee... and great location, half a block north of the park!

we're definitely going back!

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Delicious, healthy, different & great location”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had the La Landaise salad and it was perfect. Every leaf of lettuce and rucola was fresh and bursting with flavor. It was so good that I asked about the origin, and Metiz's greens are supplied by a nearby organic farm, so support to the local economy! The ham, goat's cheese, and every last ingredient tasted rich, fresh, delicious! The portion was generous. . . one salad was more than enough for lunch. Topped it off with a quality espresso. The sauces, jams, and spices are prepared right there in the restaurant, and you can buy some to-go, too! Also, was able to get a variety of Belgian beers. . . a rare treat in Guatemala. This place is a must-go. Get some Guatemalan BLACK SALT to take home, too.

Miami, Florida
“Best Surprise in Town!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It is small, quaint with the french feel. I had a hamburger to die for. Great meat and prepared to order. His french fried potatoes were sliced and gourmet prepared. Suzy had a Smoked Salmon sandwich and salad. You should have heard her Rave. It was served on a nice wooden plank. Everything was so fresh. You get the personalized service from Metiz himself. Will return soon.

Dallas, Texas
“Not worth it!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I ordered the hamburgessa. I had not eaten a hamburger in a long time sorry! It was over priced and did not have a taste to it. I also ordered the hot apple tart with ice cream and it was freezing cold. We told the waiter and he just looked at us. I did not like this at all. The French fries were awesome. I really like them. They also had some salt- and pepper mix that I loved for my fries and to kick up my burger.

• Visited October 2013
metizdelicatessen, Propietario at Metiz Bistro Frances, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
We are very sorry to read that you had a bad experience. Every restaurant has their first time, I am sorry to see that our first bad customer experience was with you. We are pretty strict about our quality check policy, but sometimes it fails, and we are sorry. About our waiter, we are very surprised because he is very professional. We assume that he did not understand by the fact he does not speak spanish .We are very opened to direct comments, it such a pity that i did not see your disappointment, it would be such a pleasure for us to correct everything and that you could go with better impression.
Anyway, I am sure it won't happen again. If you come back, I would be pleased to make my apologize and offer you a drink.
Regards,