“Piece of Italy in heart of Guatemala” 5 of 5 bubbles

Metiz Delicatessen y Bistro
Ranked #28 of 345 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: French Bistro few meter from central park. We are very famous for ours gourmet sandwiches, pastas and salads. We have also tradicional french dishes, without forget ours numerous delicatessen products as imported ham and cheese, dessert, pates and rillettes... A place to visit for the food lovers. Always at the best price
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Piece of Italy in heart of Guatemala”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Incredible offer, I chose my own menu from different cheese, hams, pesto, plives and at top of that bottle of Hoegaarden. Thank you

Visited October 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Perfect Breakfast. Good Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I decided to eat here based on prior reviews written by tripadvisor members. The cafe is very conveniently located near Antigua's central square. It is clean and the staff very friendly. I believe it was the chef and owner who came out to make sure my meal was ok. Also, when I ordered my meal to be without ham, I was impressed that he came out to confirm this and to tell me he would not charge less because I wasn't eating ham with my dish. Wow! Where do they do that? Honestly, I don't remember the name of my breakfast. It was lovely toasted bread with a local cheese melted between the slices. On top was a perfectly cooked fried egg. Lovely salad with tomatoes and a nice variety of lettuce came with meal. I also had a very nice cup of black "Americano" coffee...which isn't the easiest to find in Guatemala. I would definitely take my breakfast here again.

San Diego, California
“Superb little restaurant in central Antigua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just a superb little restaurant near the Parque Central, with light French food at relatively cheap prices. It's a great place to grab lunch or a quick dinner.

London, United Kingdom
“Great spot for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had lunch at Metiz a couple of times - delicious sandwiches, on fresh bread, with good range of fillings. Friendly staff, pleasant decor. An all-round great spot for lunch.

Dallas, TX
“Sandwich Burger for Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Visited here based on the reviews and I was not disappointed. I'm in Antigua for language school so I wanted a meal that would keep me full for most of the day. The Sandwich Burger was delicious. It was served on a roll and topped with bacon,cheese, peppers, onions, mushrooms and a creamy sauce. It also came with a side of crispy potato rounds fried in pork fat.

This meal put a smile on my face. I would definitely visit again.

1 Thank swampangel